Filip Borovicanin announces he is leaving Arizona basketball

Started by WILD, April 01, 2024, 06:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Very mature post. He's a smart kid that works hard. He knew that Joson was taking his opportunity and I hope he ends up at a school that can showcase his shooting and develop his defense.

mvpreed2

I understand why people say that Borovicanin did not play last season.
I wish Lloyd would extend the rotation to 9-10 to get guys like Borovicanin and Muraskas more playing time as I assume those two would have been the two wings off the bench.

I guess we cross our fingers and hope Muraskas does not turn into Borovicanin 2.0 and spend all season buried on the bench because Lloyd over-recruited him and he does not get a chance to get quality in-game reps.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

If you don't give minutes to players that are liabilities on the court, you're blamed for not providing opportunities.

If you allow the underdeveloped players to play, you lose games and will be blamed for a poor record. Sounds like a lose-lose situation for head coaches.

Veesaar and Murauskas didn't have interest from any other US schools. Borovicanin had two other offers (Xavier and TTU).

Lloyd's staff brought in talented bodies for practice and development purposes. If they earn minutes early in their careers, it's a bonus.

Lloyd and Few typically played 8 players at Gonzaga. With the right roster, he would (and will) do the same at Arizona.