Quick tutorial on how to add GIFS, Pics, YouTube Videos, & more

Started by WILD, October 20, 2017, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Welcome to BDU. Check out this Quick tutorial on how to add GIFS, Pics, YouTube Videos, & more.

How do I create a new forum post?

Pick a forum that you'd like to create a post in. Now click the user option button and then click new topic (In desktop view simply click New Topic) . Add a subject and write your post then hit submit.

How to upload a profile pic/avatar
Click on your profile and then click forum profile. You can upload a profile pic there.

How to post a gif in the chat room?
Click the orange play button icon at the bottom of the chat room and choose your GIF. Click the GIF and hit send in the chat.

How do I add pictures in a forum post?

Click the add image to post link to the lower left of the post window and upload your image. You can the copy the image code and paste it into your post.

You can also use the code below if you want to post an image link you found online. You would post gifs the same way.

[img]Add image address here[/img]
How do I post a GIF in the forum?

There is now GIF button icon when posting that looks like a sheet of paper with a colored outline, when clicked you can search for a GIF then click and post a GIF in forum posts.

How do I add a YouTube video to a post?

First you find your YouTube video. Every YouTube video has a share button which will give you an address to Copy and share the video.

Click the youtube play button icon located at the top of each post then paste the YouTube link copied and click insert. This will embed the YouTube video into your post.

==========================

How do I embed an instagram picture or video?

You copy and paste the web address of the Instagram post to your post and it will auto embed.

============================

How do I add a tweet to a post?

Copy the link to the tweet then paste it in your post. You will then delete the letters and numbers at the end of the tweet adders until you get to the question mark. In the example below you'll see the original full tweet address. You'll then see the tweet below that is embedded and notice the extra numbers and letters were removed.

https://twitter.com/BearDownU/status/1669897891698343939?t=Hl9N1Uq_0D0NL4oQ79DWlg&s=19
https://twitter.com/BearDownU/status/1669897891698343939

Former Point Guard U members should check out the 2 older threads on PGU below

What happened to PGU<----Click Here

Did ACE/PGU start this whole mess with Book & the FBI??<----Click Here

GizmoCatDuck

Titan4Wildcats

That's some cool stuff that helps.  Thanks Wild.  Surprisingly, I did know how to "share" the video.  I can't remember who it was, but someone at PGU taught me.  Of course, since I don't use that stuff often, I usually will forget a step or two. 

Again thank you. 

WILD

GizmoCatDuck

Posted code at the bottom of WildCatAZfan's original post at top, to link to a BBC Reference guide for additional assistance. ;D

WILD

Updated this post since there have been a lot of changes with updates at BDU throughout the years.

WILD

BearDownU - Menu