Arizona Vs Colorado game discussion thread 10/16/21 at 12:30pm on PAC12N

Started by WILD, October 12, 2021, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona Vs Colorado game discussion thread 10/16/21 at 12:30pm on PAC12N

The Arizona Wildcats and Colorado Buffaloes meet Saturday in week 7 PAC-12 college football action at Folsom Field. The Arizona Wildcats need a win here to rebound from an 0-5 record. The Colorado Buffaloes also need a win to snap a four-game losing streak.

The Wildcats offense has only scored 16.8 points per game with inconsistent play under center. Jordan McCloud looked poised to be the quarterback for the rest of the season, completing 66.7 percent of passes for 481 yards but an injury will force him to miss the rest of the season and the Wildcats will have to turn to Will Plummer and Gunner Cruz for the rest of the season with the duo combining for 1072 passing yards and six touchdowns. In the passing attack, the Wildcats have seen Stanley Berryhill III emerge as the number one target with 397 receiving yards and a touchdown while Drake Anderson has led the way on the ground with 240 rushing yards and a touchdown.

In addition to the offense struggling, the defense is allowing 31.6 points per game and 219.2 rushing yards per game. Linebackers Anthony Pandy and Treshaun Hayward have combined for 76 tackles while cornerback Treydan Stukes and linebacker Christian Young have defended three passes each but the rest of the unit has struggled. The Wildcats are failing to generate pressure upfront with only seven sacks this season while the defense has only three interceptions as well, allowing opposing offenses to establish drives and find the end zone.

The Buffaloes have lost their last four games and hope to turn their season around quickly to put together a respectable season. The offense has been the Buffaloes' downfall as they are only scoring 13.8 points per game with a passing attack that is averaging only 100.4 yards per game. The hope is that quarterback Brendon Lewis can step up as he has only completed 53.3 percent of passes for 475 yards and two touchdowns while Brady Russell is the only receiver in the offense with over 100 yards. The run game, however, is putting together a strong season with running back duo Jarek Broussard and Alex Fontenot combining for 416 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the ground to carry the offense.

While the offense has struggled, the defense has played well as the Buffaloes are allowing only 23.8 points per game. Linebacker Nate Landman has controlled the middle of the defense with 46 tackles and three passes defended while cornerbacks Mekhi Blackmon and Nigel Bethel Jr. have combined for four passes defended this season. The hope is that the Buffaloes can start to generate pressure on opposing quarterbacks as the defense only has five sacks this season.

Colorado is favored by -7 and the O/U is 46.5 points

Let's talk about the Wildcats Vs the Buffalo.

BEARDOWN!!!

Live stream link below 
[hide login=1]
Link
https://www.streameast.live/cfb/arizona-colorado/
[/hide]

KansasCityCats

Cats are coming full circle.  Haven't won since I was present in Boulder in 2019.  If McCloud were healthy, I'd be pretty confident because CU's offense is miserable and we don't have to score a ton of points.  Unfortunately, it's a 50/50 chance of winning because our offense isn't the same with Cruz.  Hopefully he can prove me wrong and throw a few TD's!

CactusCat

Jedd Fisch is 0/5.   

Meanwhile the Mike Stoops Coaching Tree in 2021: 
Mark Stoops, UK (6-0)
Dykes, SMU (6-0)
Dimel, UTEP (5-1)
Heupel, Tenn (4-2)
Littrell, N.Tex (1-4)
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

CactusCat

Including this winless Jedd Fisch season, Arizona Football has produced a negative turnover margin in 10 of the last 13 seasons, including each of the last four. The only positive turnover margin seasons were 2013, 2014 & 2017.

CactusCat

Arizona allowed 329 rushing yards last week vs. UCLA, the most this season, and now face a Colorado team that ran for 409 yards in Tucson last December.

Arizona has scored just only 41 points in their last five games against FBS opponents.

Arizona Football isn't very good.

CactusCat

*72 points in their last five games against FBS opponents, for an average of 14 points

KansasCityCats

Quote from: What's Good on October 13, 2021, 11:57:30 AM
Jedd Fisch is 0/5.   

Meanwhile the Mike Stoops Coaching Tree in 2021: 
Mark Stoops, UK (6-0)
Dykes, SMU (6-0)
Dimel, UTEP (5-1)
Heupel, Tenn (4-2)
Littrell, N.Tex (1-4)

Mike Stoops recently gave up 31 points to powerhouses such as Air Force and UAB. If it weren't for Sonny Dykes' offense, we would have been worse than this current Arizona team.

KansasCityCats

CU is currently 87th out of 130 FBS programs in rushing yards. They're nowhere near Oregon or UCLA. The Buffs looked anemic on offense since playing Northern Colorado (the other UNC) and there's a good chance that we can hold their offense under 28.

CactusCat

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 13, 2021, 06:34:18 PM
CU is currently 87th out of 130 FBS programs in rushing yards. They're nowhere near Oregon or UCLA. The Buffs looked anemic on offense since playing Northern Colorado (the other UNC) and there's a good chance that we can hold their offense under 28.

Holding Colorado under 28 would be good considering Arizona hasn't scored 20 points in a game in ages.

KansasCityCats

We put up 35 when we last visited Boulder.

I think the Cats (finally) win 27-20.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu