2022 Recruiting List

Started by BearDown12345, May 23, 2019, 03:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmarti

In my opinion Arizona  basketball  has been disappointing  as far as recruiting  goes we have one  recruit  in  2022 in Dylan anderson Lloyd's   has pretty much only targeted 4 players 2 have gone else where, waiting for Chandler to decide I wont get my Hope's up.

Lloyd has now missed on his only pg. Target in Bradley  he really needs a strong class after  this year being a cluster,  he needs a pg. For sure an probably  atleast 2 wings, an another big.

Lloyd has not offered anyone else after missing on sharpe an  Bradley, my guess is he goes international  or finds transfers.

He think he screwing himself by only recruiting  4 players in this class even some of the blue bloods like Kentucky  an Duke  have offered more players than Lloyd has an they can afford to be picky with there offers Lloyd's  better figure it out quick  he needs to bring in talent  after this cluster of a class we can't afford another one or we sink to the bottom of the pac 12.

Jdmarti

Another thing is I believe Lloyd's  is aiming to high with recruiting  these  5 star players with the cloud over the program   he should be recruiting  4 star players guys like  uzan koren Johnson,
Much better odds of landing  guys like that.

CactusCat

Are Mick at UCLA and especially Dana and his Duckies watching and laughing at T. Lloyd?

Is T. Lloyd so stubborn that he doesn't adapt his recruiting strategy to the current situation?
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

KansasCityCats

I was just referencing Bal because he was one of Lloyd's recruits (the other commits were already locked-in with Miller).  Definitely not disappointed.  The new staff wasn't hired until April, which doesn't give them any time to prepare for the upcoming 2021-22 season.  They did a great job of retaining the players that want to play hard...and will likely mesh as a "team".

Landing Anderson is huge because there's a good chance that Tubelis jumps to the league after this season.  The staff is likely going after an international backup PG to play behind Kerr next season.  The foreign recruits aren't publicized because they don't want to "tip off" the competition...so they're likely working behind the scenes.

Unless there are serious injuries, this team will look really good in 2022-23.  Hopefully, Lloyd's coaching abilities transfer from Gonzaga to Arizona because their offense was smooth.

mvpreed2

Quote from: What's Good on October 06, 2021, 10:41:15 AM
Has 2022 Arizona Basketball recruiting been a disappointment?
My answer would be that 2022 should not be the class that one would/should look to.

We have a new coach, and most of the "elite" programs are going to take a step back with a new coach in their first full season.
Several prospects that are interested are going to pressing pause until the season to see the product of Arizona on the court.
The problem that Arizona is going to run into is that the clock is going to run out on most of them simply because they will commit before the season really gets underway.

I would come back to this question after the 2023 recruiting class has signed because we would have seen CTL move through two springs, summers, falls, and basketball seasons to give one a better (and more logical) idea of the early direction of the program.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu