The #1 Arizona Wildcats Basketball Source - BDU

2021 Recruiting List

mvpreed2 · 7819

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 01:30:02 PM
https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

So 3 guards are committed.

As a result of the Covid rule, seniors are eligible to remain on the roster for the 2021-22 season.

Therefore, where will we get (at least) 3 spots for newcomers?

I assume Terrell Brown will be our after his grad transfer season. Will somebody go pro early?  Will Ira stick around for a 5th season?  Will we bring in any freshmen bigs?  Will we lose a scholarship if/when the NCAA hands down sanctions?

Itll be interesting to see how this plays out...

One thing is for certain, it always does, play out.

Seniors that choose to play next year dont count against scholarship limits. So brown or Lee would be extra. School also has to cover their costs so who knows how that will play out
I think most elite schools are going to let the seniors walk.
As for Arizona, I believe Miller would let Lee come back, but let Brown walk in hopes that Kriisa would be able to fill that void he would leave.

The part I do not understand, we are going to lose one G (Brown), and one F (Lee), and only have four bigs that are going to return in 2021-22.
I am not going to consider Goerner or T. Tubelis as "bigs" and more as Wings.
We are going to have SIX guards on the roster next season (Mathurin/Terry are Wings to me). Dezonie/Nowell/Simpson are going to be added to Akinjo/Baker/Kriisa, but I am sure Miller might play Nowell at SF since he is 6'5 or so.
I hope this logjam does not have someone transfer out...

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

ARIZONA, GET A $150 FREE BET WITH THIS DRAFTKINGS PRELAUNCH OFFER BELOW

Offline Aokay

• Supporter
  • BEARDOWN
Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 06:11:30 PM

As a result of the Covid rule, seniors are eligible to remain on the roster for the 2021-22 season.

I assume Terrell Brown will be our after his grad transfer season. Will somebody go pro early?  Will Ira stick around for a 5th season?  Will we bring in any freshmen bigs?  Will we lose a scholarship if/when the NCAA hands down sanctions?

Seniors that choose to play next year dont count against scholarship limits. So brown or Lee would be extra. School also has to cover their costs so who knows how that will play out
As for Arizona, I believe Miller would let Lee come back, but let Brown walk in hopes that Kriisa would be able to fill that void he would leave.

The part I do not understand, we are going to lose one G (Brown), and one F (Lee), and only have four bigs that are going to return in 2021-22.
We are going to have SIX guards on the roster next season (Mathurin/Terry are Wings to me). Dezonie/Nowell/Simpson are going to be added to Akinjo/Baker/Kriisa, but I am sure Miller might play Nowell at SF since he is 6'5 or so.

Is the Frenchman, Batcho, a done deal? I haven't read or heard anything about his return from injury.

It's a great day to be alive!

Offline Bkatt

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 06:24:07 PM

Is the Frenchman, Batcho, a done deal? I haven't read or heard anything about his return from injury.

Batcho is recovering from right knee surgery and will be sidelined at least until the end of January.

Offline Little George

• Global Moderator
Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 02:01:26 PM
One of our new RBs

Offline Little George

• Global Moderator
Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 03:22:04 PM

Most Recent Arizona Wildcat Posts

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal