The #1 Arizona Wildcats Basketball Source - BDU

Breaking: Devonaire Doutrive just verbally committed to Arizona

azfreak · 6188

Offline GoCatZ

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
I just want to say Big props to WILDcatAZfan on letting us know before everyone else that he was going to commit on his visit. Check out the allsports article below plus another highlight below. I have a feeling Devonaire is going to be a good one!

ARIZONA, BET $1 GET A $150 FREE BET WITH DRAFTKING’S NEW OFFER

Offline lsg_da_apache

• Supporter
  • Don't forget to BTFD!
This is really great news, and good call Wild. I haven't looked at his highlights yet, but from what I am reading he looks "good to go". So now that we have the first piece has fallen, now this will lead to more following his lead. BTFD!

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U

Offline Alumni2000

This news is like a big sigh of relief after such a challenging last nine months for the program.  As for DD, I see a lot of talent and versatility, but he needs to put on some muscle weight. His game and body movement resembles Kobi Simmons quite a bit, but with lesser expectations coming in. DD could become a big piece for us by his sophomore year, maybe even as a freshman if he can bring more intensity on defense than Dylan Smith and Brandon Randolph, both of whom had a perpetual deer in the headlights look in their eyes all year long.  If we can get Akinjo and Brown, some quality grad transfers, and a couple big freshmen to sophomore improvement,  we may very well win the pac12 again next year.  Thank you Devonaire and Bear Down!!

Offline ichi

• UofA '83

excellent, welcome to Arizona DD

Bear Down

"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

Offline AFcatsFan

Yes!!!! Great news after a long day at work. Bear Down!!!

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
I’m going to shift the thread for a second and beg the question to spark some discussion, with so many Gs on the roster now (Smith/Randolph/Doutrive), do YOU think we “move” Akot to SF, or continue to use him as a G/F?

I like the idea of having Akot as a G, but the types of SF that Miller loves are not available in the HS ranks, nor are there any grad transfers on the market.
I hope Miller is able to land some quality SFs to continue to use Akot as a G because I am not sure that Akot would be able to hold his own guarding true SFs in the PAC-12.

We not have a LOT of guards on this team (Barcello/Smith/Randolph/Akot), and no wings.
We have seen what happens with no true wings on our roster, and unless Miller is willing to tweak the system and allow the system to fit the players, we may have a tough one in 2018-19.

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline Titan4Wildcats

• Global Moderator
Coach Miller is WORKING and the good news has begun.  There will be more.  Thank you Coach Miller...Welcome Double D!

Bear Down!

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U
Devonaire's step dad & coach Miller

Offline Bear

• Supporter
I’m going to shift the thread for a second and beg the question to spark some discussion, with so many Gs on the roster now (Smith/Randolph/Doutrive), do YOU think we “move” Akot to SF, or continue to use him as a G/F?

I like the idea of having Akot as a G, but the types of SF that Miller loves are not available in the HS ranks, nor are there any grad transfers on the market.
I hope Miller is able to land some quality SFs to continue to use Akot as a G because I am not sure that Akot would be able to hold his own guarding true SFs in the PAC-12.

We not have a LOT of guards on this team (Barcello/Smith/Randolph/Akot), and no wings.
We have seen what happens with no true wings on our roster, and unless Miller is willing to tweak the system and allow the system to fit the players, we may have a tough one in 2018-19.

I was the other way on this one. I didn’t think Miller had any intention of using Akot at the 2. Actually think Akot may be putting in time at the 4 unless we pick up there. A guard at the 3 isn’t abnormal for Miller though. Trier and Alkins have both played the 3.

I am wondering if one of Randolph / Smith / Doutrive will be at the 3 quite a bit this season also.

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal