If you think recruits will decommit from Arizona football, you're wrong

Started by WILD, September 19, 2021, 11:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Players who have committed and future recruits now see that there is immediate playing time available next year. We have one of the best recruiting classes coming in next season. Losing these games won't cause them to decommit. Trust the process. 

CactusCat

"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

arxpert

Yes I am sure everyone is chomping at the bits to come to Tucson and get a NIL sponsorship of a free 20oz Eegees and a free Arizona Burrito from Los Betos

Surgeon

Quote from: WILD on September 19, 2021, 11:33:47 PM
Players who have committed and future recruits now see that there is immediate playing time available next year. We have one of the best recruiting classes coming in next season. Losing these games won't cause them to decommit. Trust the process.

Okay, Dave Heeke.

KansasCityCats

Fifita is truly committed. As long as he sticks around, Burnett will remain a Wildcat...which allows the other 4* recruits to stay.

I won't be surprised if one or two east coast kids bail throughout the season but a majority of our commitments understand that this is a huge rebuild that will involve immediate playing time for freshmen next year.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on September 21, 2021, 06:48:11 AM
Fifita is truly committed. As long as he sticks around, Burnett will remain a Wildcat...which allows the other 4* recruits to stay.

I won't be surprised if one or two east coast kids bail throughout the season but a majority of our commitments understand that this is a huge rebuild that will involve immediate playing time for freshmen next year.

This may or may not be true, but for players with aspirations to make the next level which include 4 Star players, showcasing talent will only get them so far. As soon as they get to a level where they are noticeable in a losing program they will more than likely seek to transfer to a better program that can promise them more including better NIL deals. Brother Jedd has virtually no chance of success in this current landscape building from nothing unless he can find the descendants of Tex Ernhardt or partner up with online/tech companies and get these kids into some real deals that will incentivize them into staying long term once here.

KansasCityCats

There are plenty of 4* kids that get exposure by playing for underperforming programs in Power 5 schools.

Looks at a typical NFL roster. It's full of players from all over. Coaches like Carroll and Hunley understand how to develop talent into NFL players.

Not only has our staff coached and/or played in the league, they have contacts that will keep a close eye on our players during the draft (or free agency).

Arizona isn't going to hurt their progress.

CactusCat

Arizona tackle Edgar Burrola has entered NCAA transfer portal. 
Who do you predict will be next?
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

BearDownU - Menu