2019 Recruiting List

Started by mvpreed2, April 15, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpreed2

I just wanted to get this list going so we can see who have offered.
The important, elite prospects are going to be placed on my list as well.

Just like the 2018 list, it is going to be updating accordingly whenever new information comes in.
Feel free to add any names that you think we are going to go hard after and I will add them to the list.
All prospects are in alphabetical order, not in order of priority.

COMMITS
G - Terry Armstrong (AZ) - SIGNED
C - Christian Koloko (CA) - SIGNED
G - Josh Green (FL) - SIGNED
G - Nico Mannion (AZ) - SIGNED
F - Zeke Nnaji (MN)

OFFERS
HIGH SCHOOL
F - Max Agbonkpolo (CA) - USC
C - Oumar Ballo (AFR) - Gonzaga
G - Bryan Antione (NJ) - Villanova
F - Vrenz Bleijenbergh (EUR)
F - Majok Deng (AZ) - Pepperdine
G - Boogie Ellis (CA) - Memphis
G - PJ Fuller (WA) - TCU
F - Jalen Hill (NV) - Oklahoma
F - Matthew Hurt (MN) - Duke
G - Josiah James (SC) - Tennessee
C - Kai Jones (FL) - Texas
F - Johnny Juzang (CA) - Kentucky
C - Balsa Koprivica (FL) - Florida State
F - Jaden McDaniels (WA) - Washington
G - Iverson Molinar (PAN) - Mississippi State
G - Lester Quinones (NY) - Memphis
F - Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (KS) - Villanova
G - Cassius Stanley (CA) - Duke
F - Drew Timme (TX) - Gonzaga
F - Edward Turner (CA)
F - CJ Walker (FL) - Oregon
G - Patrick Williams (NC) - Florida State
F - Jae'Lyn Withers (NC) - Louisville
F - James Wisemann (TN) - Memphis

JUCO
C - Emmanuel Ugboh (IA)
F - Khalid Thomas (ID) - Texas Tech
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

mvpreed2

Not that Miller should be chasing after stars (rankings), but there are A LOT of highly-rated talent out West in 2019.
I know ESPN isn't the best outlet to use, but here are some of the current ESPN Super 60 prospects (HS Juniors):

SG - Cassius Stanley (CA) - #11
PF - Onyeka Okongwu (CA) - #16
PF - Carl Lewis (CA) - #36
PF - Issac Johnson (UT) - #41
PF - Isaiah Mobley (CA) - #44
SG - PJ Fuller (WA) - #45
SG - Jaime Jaquez II (CA) - #48

The only one that I would immediately cross off the list would be Mobley.
His father just got hired by Enfield at USC, so you know where he and his younger brother (2020) will be playing.
I have heard/read rumors that Stanley (Oregon) and Okongwu (USC) are locked in to their respective schools at the moment.
The easy assumption would be to assume Johnson goes to BYU or Utah.

If all of those hold true, that would mean we would be competing for the services of Lewis/Fuller/Jaquez II.
Hmm..
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

mvpreed2

With a handful of offers in 2019 going out, I will be updated this list soon.
All scholarships that I know of will be added, as well as those in other threads.
I was thinking of updating the list as prospects commit to see where they end up, and who we get.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

mvpreed2

Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 19, 2018, 11:13:39 PM
Not that Miller should be chasing after stars (rankings), but there are A LOT of highly-rated talent out West in 2019.
I know ESPN isn't the best outlet to use, but here are some of the current ESPN Super 60 prospects (HS Juniors):

SG - Cassius Stanley (CA) - #11
PF - Onyeka Okongwu (CA) - USC
PF - Carl Lewis (CA) - #36
PF - Issac Johnson (UT) - #41
PF - Isaiah Mobley (CA) - USC
SG - PJ Fuller (WA) - #45
SG - Jaime Jaquez II (CA) - UCLA

Almost one month after I post this, three of these top 50 prospects have already committed.
Not that a verbal means much, but it is saying something to this point in the calendar year for them to be off the board.
The two USC commits are locks as long as Mobley stays, but many factors will go into their commitments, as well as their possible decommitments.
Only time will tell but Miller clearly has been attacking this class viciously..
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

dashots_UA

Who do you guys think will be our first commit of 2019?  Im thinking maybe Koloko or Jaden Mcdaniels.  Know Edward Turner really wants to go to Arizona to follow in his Dad's footsteps but he doesn't have an offer yet.  Really don't think we need anymore guards ATM unless its Cassius Stanley.  Dont see any of our current guards declaring for the draft at the end of 2018-19 season(could be wrong obviously if someone makes a big jump).  Think it'll just push our established guys to transfer.  Need to land some power forwards and centers!!
Bear Down.

mvpreed2

Quote from: dashots_UA on May 24, 2018, 01:52:17 PMWho do you guys think will be our first commit of 2019?  Im thinking maybe Koloko or Jaden Mcdaniels.  Know Edward Turner really wants to go to Arizona to follow in his Dad's footsteps but he doesn't have an offer yet.  Really don't think we need anymore guards ATM unless its Cassius Stanley.  Dont see any of our current guards declaring for the draft at the end of 2018-19 season(could be wrong obviously if someone makes a big jump).  Think it'll just push our established guys to transfer.  Need to land some power forwards and centers!!
I think Miller knows we need F/C, and with that, I am going to say Deng or McDaniels.
I would prefer McDaniels, but I could easily Miller taking both in this class.

As far as guards, I think we would take any of the higher ranked G; Stanley, Mannion too if this reclassification rumor has real legs to it, maybe even Fuller too.
We will only lose one G after 2019, so I hope we don't end up loading up on Gs..

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

Some of sean Miller's offers are interesting because he seems to recruiting a lot of wings an we're loaded at those positions with nobody graduating wonder if he expects some leaving early it see like we will need  at least  to big guys an another point guard maybe two if brandan leaves early.

mvpreed2

Quote from: Jdmarti on June 06, 2018, 11:57:08 AMSome of sean Miller's offers are interesting because he seems to recruiting a lot of wings an we're loaded at those positions...
This is the class where you really see Miller going for that "position-less" basketball.
A lot of those offers are to long,athletic prospects that would be able to guard and play multiple positions and get up and down the floor.

Some proof is Miller offering at least three G prospects that at least 6'7.
With height like that, you can throw 2-3 of them out there with a Williams at PG and Jeter at C and just go.
Better yet, look at the Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets & Boston Celtics, that is how Miller is trying to rebuild our roster.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

dashots_UA

I really like Balsa Koprivica.  I'm sure we'd be getting in late with him, but he reminds me a lot of the past centers we have had great success with.  If we are going with a position-less style of ball, Jaden Mcdaniels is a great combo forward.  Can't wait to see how our 2019 class develops!  Just like this year's class, we just need that first commitment to get things rolling. 
Bear Down.

Jdmarti

It seemed like we were recruiting him until his name came up in investigation  meaning balsa.