BIG12 on notice

Started by CactusCat, August 23, 2023, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusCat

The BIG12 is on notice, stay out of the way or get ransacked.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/amid-pac-12-implosion-big-12-reportedly-gets-stern-warning-playoff-adjustments-getting-way-big-ten-sec

Which 2024 BIG12 team will be the first to leave the conference?
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

KansasCityCats

What a redundant and unenlightening  article.

I've always thought that West Virginia will go to the ACC. It's possible that Cincy or UCF jump to the Big-10 or ACC respectively because they haven't established rivalries (and doesn't make sense from a regional perspective) but I don't envision anybody bailing until the NCAA implodes.

Little George

Isn't that funny? Info says SMU, Cal, and Stanford to the ACC.
Why?

The last big prize out there is?

Notre Dame.

ND already in the ACC except FB.

The addition of Stanford is unique.

It was assumed the B10 would want Stanford as a match to help lure ND.

Nothing new, but something not mentioned for a long time now.

ACC could be looking to add ND FB full time adding much value to the TV deal. IF it all goes down, the ACC could get their TV contracts redone with west coast coverage and ND they could get what the conference is looking for.

B12 could fall back a spot and this could leave them wanting that little something extra? This would however hurt the B10 and SEC push to eliminate all others.

B10 at 18
SEC at 14
B12 at 16
ACC at 18

Thus 4 Power conferences

The list of potential suitors to expand from there would be limited a lot from that point.

OSU and WSU the last of the PAC
MWC and the AAC which most would call leftovers would be it for the most part.

One thought was the B12 and SEC was going after the ACC and ND and then they might push out the B12. I think that would destroy the college sports myself. I personally would never watch another game from those two conferences. 

Lots still happening. Everyone can give their thoughts