Kenny Lofton and a Bone to Pick

Started by arxpert, March 01, 2024, 12:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Kenny Lofton is Arguably one of the greatest Arizona Wildcats to have ever lived and he is only getting into the Ring of Honor now?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/ken-lofton-1.html

I want everyone to examine the Steals column. For a player who did not get much run, Kenny was a Pick Pocket Artist. A true Michelangelo of the trade.

Kenny Lofton progressed each year even with reduced minutes as a Junior he managed to improve his Steals total. The level of disrespect by UofA is off the charts here.

He played 128 Basketball Games. 54 Starts. He was part of the Greatest and Most Dominant Pac10 Core in the History of the Conference since the advent of the Conference Tournament.

We have seen the likes of Josh Green, Zeke Nnaji, Koloko, and Mathurin make it in all before Kenny Lofton.

I think the University should do better. There was no greater unit in Conference history than that of the 1987-1989 Arizona Wildcats.

UCLA doesn't count at all. All of their notable success came before 99.47% of you were born and is therefore classified as Folklore for the purposes of this exercise.

AC Green's Oregon State did not backup their 3 Pac10 Championships with Pac10 Banners. There was no Conference Tournament at the time.

The 1987, 1988, and 1989 Arizona Wildcats are the only team in the history of the conference to win the Conference and the Tournament Banner in the same season 3 times in a row.

In fact, starting in 1987 the victory over Long Beach State in the Home opener at McKale Center began a 71-game home court winning streak. Credit where credit is due.

Tommy has an opportunity to be the 2nd team in Pac History to win the Conference Tournament 3 Years in a Row. This would put him in the company of the greatest 3 Year Unit of all time for this Conference, however Tommy's inexplicable failure of cataclysmic proportions last season led to losing the Conference and for that reason alone, Tommy is not even close to sniffing the jockstrap of the Greatness between 1987-1989.

Tommy "Lamar Jackson" Lloyd, I have a Bone To Pick with You!

Only Tommy can rewrite the narrative about himself at this point. No amount of Rah Rah Pom Pom Cheerleading from fans can persuade me otherwise.

If Tommy fumbles this bag in the final season of the Real Pac Conference then Shame goes to Tommy. Eternal Shame. A Torch is meant to be passed. Not snuffed.

Arizona has 17 Pac10/12 Championships and 9 Pac10/12 Tournament Banners. (According to College Basketball Reference)

I believe that we will finish this season the right way. The way that the real Pac Conference started is how it will finish. With Arizona Bookending the Banners.

FOOS

Greatest 6th man ever.  Also a baseball legend. Coach Jerry Kindall would not place Kenny in the starting lineup.  He once said Kenny 'would never be a pro'.  As great as Jerry was I'm glad he was wrong about that