Maya Nnaji posts about Arizona WBB environment being toxic 👀

Started by WILD, February 01, 2024, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Not surprising.
And that's the worst part about it.
It's not surprising.

WILD

If you watch Adia during games she shows no emotion which is surprising as she is the total opposite during press conferences.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: WILD on February 01, 2024, 06:41:27 PMIf you watch Adia during games she shows no emotion which is surprising as she is the total opposite during press conferences.

Yeah, I've said I think she may be a sociopath. It's worth noting that I'm not a psychiatrist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

AZCatMom

We've had season tickets for the last 7 years, but not sure we'll keep them. I think the pressure of that huge contract really changed her, and not in good ways. The huge turnover in assistants and players every year is a big red flag.

Deb

Adia is the 11th highest paid coach in women's basketball. Also, women's basketball is the biggest money loser in the athletic dept.

When is someone gonna ask her the tough questions?

KansasCityCats

Crazy how the perception of the program changed in the matter of one offseason.

Adia is a proud Wildcat and is serious about winning.  Hopefully she can find some bodies to salvage the remainder of this season...then new recruits that are willing to play hard for her in the future.

Aside from this season's injury woes, Arizona Women's Basketball has made an amazing turnaround by winning and attracting fans to games.  When I played drums during the Bonvicini years, the stands were empty (even during the season that we made the tournament with Polky/Brase).

arxpert

I've brought up that Adia Barnes is suspect before.

I am not surprised. I am not crestfallen to hear this.

I think it is weird that she hangs out in the living spaces of players. She surely has friends her age that don't play for her?

I think she rode the back of that National Championship run and checked out. Doesn't matter how many recruits she has brought in nor who she ruined or failed with. It is obvious to me that the team in that season was the special sauce, not Adia.

I am close to calling her a Ghoul. Not yet, but close.

I want the program cleaned up.

WILD

I'm hearing the having her husband as an assistant coach may be a part of the problem.

Something has to change and I hope Adia realizes this when she sees this on twitter.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: WILD on February 02, 2024, 10:20:22 PMI'm hearing the having her husband as an assistant coach may be a part of the problem.

Something has to change and I hope Adia realizes this when she sees this on twitter.

Any further details on this?

arxpert

Adia has done something wrong to these kids. I sincerely hope this situation doesn't take a turn for the worse, but it seems like the spotlight is on and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Adia should consider resigning before it's too late.

KansasCityCats

What did she do? Maya refuses to publicly provide details regarding the "toxic" comment that she didn't even intend to disclose in the first place.

arxpert

Where there's smoke there's fire. Adia's days are numbered.