Harsh reality WBB

Started by Little George, January 11, 2024, 08:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Quote from: Little George on January 11, 2024, 08:50:40 PMThe hits keep coming

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2024/1/11/24035259/arizona-womens-basketball-announces-season-ending-surgeries-for-sali-kourouma-erin-tack

I realize that some people don't subscribe to karma, juju, or all around bad vibes, but I truly believe Adia Barnes is the problem. I've stated my reasons on the other thread. Some are factual. Some are subjective. In the end, I just do not like what she has done with this program since blowing the only opportunity we will likely ever sniff of a National Championship.

Women's College Basketball can't be any bigger, hotter, and more entertaining than it's ever been before and Arizona is just trending in the wrong/opposite direction.

This may be irrelevant, but I am going to say it anyway - Caitlin Clark is a once in a lifetime talent. It is incredible to watch her play the game. I think she has been more impactful to the sport than anyone else including in the WNBA by far. She is even more impactful than most NBA players and Men's CBB players.

How did Barnes not get in line to try to schedule a game vs Clark? Maybe she did? I don't see any Press about it though. That would be considered another knock on Barnes for me. Now I can only pray we are good enough and bad enough at the same time to get into the Big Dance and then be bracketed in a way to play Iowa. That would be good for the program.

KansasCityCats

Karma only occurs when you're dead.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2024, 09:26:24 PMKarma only occurs when you're dead.

Karma is a concept that is often associated with reincarnation.

Karma is also often associated with the great law of cause and effect. This law states that whatever thoughts or energy you put out, you get back, whether good or bad

Here's to hoping that the Truth means something.

KansasCityCats

"Often associated" is an excuse for people who misuse the word. If you aren't dead, you can't be reincarnated.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2024, 10:24:38 PM"Often associated" is an excuse for people who misuse the word. If you aren't dead, you can't be reincarnated.

I don't believe that is true. My belief's don't matter though because your point is factually not true in relation to what I said. At least according to the Oxford Language Definition. I guess in this case I will just have to just refer to the truth as I tend to do often.

Definitions from Oxford Languages
kar·ma
/ˈkärmə/
noun
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
"a buddha is believed to have completely purified his karma"
INFORMAL
destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.
"there's something highly satisfying when karma strikes"

------------------------------------>

This is going to make you really tilted.

Now that we have established you are incorrect in boxing in your idea of logic vs fact, the emboldened fact of the Oxford definition literally means that you can use the word while very much alive + well and it is 100% perfectly acceptable usage of the word.

So, explain to me how it is a misuse when it is actually a proper use of an informal way of using the word in a commentary where the word was used specifically informally on purpose? Go back, examine my comment and decide which definition the word fits.

Now we can move on as you did not defeat me on this day. I'm more than happy to take the L when applicable. Just do it the right way.

How about you just defend the honor of Adia Barnes who has taken this program down hill. To me, she is a classic example of cashing in on a lucky situation and packing it in since.

Let's just talk about that or not.

KansasCityCats

"Informal" is another word for "urban dictionary version". The first definition is real. It determines your "future existence".

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 12, 2024, 05:51:27 AM"Informal" is another word for "urban dictionary version". The first definition is real. It determines your "future existence".

Challenging Oxford LOL. Just give it up. Even the first definition includes the Now so you are double debunked