I am liking what I am seeing in the 18 class that is coming in.

Started by Little George, December 06, 2017, 03:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little George

The odds of the class making as big an impact as 17 is not likely, but that would be expected. The 17 class still has some surprises that have not made an impact on the field yet as well, but as for the kids in the 18 class, this is another good and solid class. I do expect to lose at least one current commit, and maybe one or two more, but there will be some more additions as well. Many thought and were saying the class is almost complete, but as I have stated all along there will likely be about 22-23 in this class. At least one more current to leave and you can do the math. Don't be surprised to see a grey shirt or two in there as well. Those would really count to the next class and not the 22-23 in 18.

It is more evident that RR is going to use the TE more in the future! Not every down, but more often for sure. We have some very good ones on board and Jake Peters will just add to the talent there. We may see some more 2 and even a few 3 TE sets in our future.
RR loves to RS OL players due to the maturity as well as picking up the assignments in general. While the two freshmen may RS, Bailey may be forced into action as a JC due to the lack of numbers there. I would look for us to add another, and also to look at a grad tranfer to help immediately.
WR is a position of need especially for some taller guys. Expect to see Cooper step up and a few of the freshmen coming in to make the rotation. There are some good ones in the group! Reports have Mitchell coming in early while other reports say he may grey shirt because of the ACL injury.
We are fine at RB but the two guys we are adding are under-rated. Irby is a solid addition.
Joiner is still leaving questions out there as to how committed he is. Signing day coming up should say a lot in that matter. He has been committed too long to not be sold on the program by now. I hope he signs, but who really knows?

Irving is a monster on the DL, but will need to be in better condition by the time he reaches campus. We are still wanting to add players on the DL. The staff loves the guys we have committed and that won't change, but additions are coming. Plant and Sulunga both could see the field as freshmen.
Johnson is a stud at LB and I would normally say he will play right away, but depth there is young and talentd and may allow RR to RS him.
The DBs will again be a solid class. I do expect a few changes here but mostly upgrades from where we are now within the class.

Once we start signing guys we can break them down a lot more. With all the coaching changes some things will continue to flip around. Think of the changes with Taggart to Oregon last year and now picture the changes this year. Kelley to UCLA, Taggart leaving Oregon, Coach M to OSU, and ASU changing things up. Still lots of movement to come.

BearDownU - Menu