School Shooting Discussion Thread

Started by WILD, May 25, 2022, 10:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little George

Why are judges, politicians,  and people with money so highly protected yet they care nothing about children or the public in general?

Do not say it is about expense that we don't do it when we waste hundreds of billions of $$$$$$ in shit holes all around the world.

SnowDen

Quote from: AztecWildcat on May 25, 2022, 10:44:37 PM
Gun Violence by State

Based on the number of gun deaths per capita in 2019 alone, states with the most gun violence are:

Alaska - 24.4
    Mississippi - 24.2
    Wyoming - 22.3
    New Mexico 22.3
    Alabama - 22.2
    Louisiana - 22.1
    Missouri - 20.6
    South Carolina - 19.9
    Arkansas - 19.3
    Montana - 19.3

Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gun-violence-by-state

How many of those deaths are due to inner city violence with illegal guns killing innocent children by standers? Do you know, do you care about those kids? I dont hear a word from any one when these kids are shot, only when it involves a suburban school. Dont pretend to give a shit when these school shootings happen when it sure doesnt seem like you give shit when innocents are shot every week.

Little George

AztecWildcat

Quote from: SnowDen on May 26, 2022, 08:27:58 AM
Quote from: AztecWildcat on May 25, 2022, 10:44:37 PM
Gun Violence by State

Based on the number of gun deaths per capita in 2019 alone, states with the most gun violence are:

Alaska - 24.4
    Mississippi - 24.2
    Wyoming - 22.3
    New Mexico 22.3
    Alabama - 22.2
    Louisiana - 22.1
    Missouri - 20.6
    South Carolina - 19.9
    Arkansas - 19.3
    Montana - 19.3

Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gun-violence-by-state

How many of those deaths are due to inner city violence with illegal guns killing innocent children by standers? Do you know, do you care about those kids? I dont hear a word from any one when these kids are shot, only when it involves a suburban school. Dont pretend to give a shit when these school shootings happen when it sure doesnt seem like you give shit when innocents are shot every week.

I love you SnowDen and I respect you, but this is messed up. Yes I may not have a lot of "inner city" friends but you really think I don't care about innocent people getting shot every week? That's just not true. My wife's friend lost her son to a during an act of gun violence in Colorado. I was and still emotionally distraught over it. They are a beautiful family.

Link to story: https://gazette.com/news/crime/boy-killed-at-colorado-springs-skatepark-remembered-for-heroism-on-night-of-fatal-shooting/article_f3ad2c68-6f26-11ec-ad6b-bf14c879223c.html

FOOS

Quote from: azfan on May 26, 2022, 06:51:13 AM
These school shootings hit close to home for me. I work at a High School as a guidance counselor. I really have no idea how to talk to teenagers about these sorts of things.

my neighbor is a High School Psychologist for the Charlotte NC school districts.  Between COVID these shootings she describes many of the the kids 'are a total train wreck" vs pre COVID

Wiidslifecoach

I'm a Navy vet who is also an expert in small arms, fired over 2m rounds in my time in the Navy and have only owned one gun, a walther ppq that sits in a safe collecting dust, but once a year when I retrain my wife on using it.

Guns have one purpose, never forget that.

FOOS

Quote from: Wiidslifecoach on May 26, 2022, 10:36:13 AM
I'm a Navy vet who is also an expert in small arms, fired over 2m rounds in my time in the Navy and have only owned one gun, a walther ppq that sits in a safe collecting dust, but once a year when I retrain my wife on using it.

Guns have one purpose, never forget that.

Also a Navy vet. I got my wife a Sig Sauer P938.  We do the same each year.  Also - I took the concealed weapons class in AZ (when you had to have a lic to carry).  The most important take away - all the reasons you don't want use your weapon.  Its crazy to me AZ did away with the lic requirement to carry concealed

Little George

Let's take a look at Chicago which has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. How many people die every week? How many are kids? Yep gun control does NOT work. Criminals don't give a damn about the laws. Drunk drivers too!

SnowDen

Then lets look at California and NY, two of the strictest gun laws in the nation...seems like there were just a coulple of shootings there, what happened? Lots of gun free zones and laws to prevent this, correct?

The gun laws have progressively gotten stricter and stricter but yet the shootings are happening more and more, what happened? Thought these laws were designed to stop this from going on . If not enough what law would of stopped this?

I've heard lots of blame thrown around, but not once have I heard any one blame the shooter. I own a few fire arms and never have they left the safe, gone out and hurt any one all on their own, I needed to do something for them to fire...personnal responsibility.

FOOS

Quote from: SnowDen on May 26, 2022, 04:38:33 PM
Then lets look at California and NY, two of the strictest gun laws in the nation...seems like there were just a coulple of shootings there, what happened? Lots of gun free zones and laws to prevent this, correct?

The gun laws have progressively gotten stricter and stricter but yet the shootings are happening more and more, what happened? Thought these laws were designed to stop this from going on . If not enough what law would of stopped this?

I've heard lots of blame thrown around, but not once have I heard any one blame the shooter. I own a few fire arms and never have they left the safe, gone out and hurt any one all on their own, I needed to do something for them to fire...personnal responsibility.

100% Snow