Liam McNeeley

Started by arxpert, April 14, 2024, 09:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Should  Lloyd "adapt" or "put the best players out there"?  Those are two contradictory things. Either he reworks the system to allow minutes for kids that aren't ready to contribute or he plays the guys that deserve to be on the court.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on April 19, 2024, 04:09:12 AMShould  Lloyd "adapt" or "put the best players out there"?  Those are two contradictory things. Either he reworks the system to allow minutes for kids that aren't ready to contribute or he plays the guys that deserve to be on the court.

Last season, adapting would have been putting the best players and lineups on the court. He didn't do that. I don't think he will do it this season.

If he isn't adding the top transfers than that signals to me he will play the freshman with the preexisting players. If he brings in mid level transfers and gives them the playing time over the incoming freshman automatically then I would have a bone to pick.

If he bring in some transfers for depth, but doesn't use them much, then it would show growth as a coach (for me) because he hitched his wagon to a top flight recruit class and now he needs to play them. It's just like Duke. I can't see Duke's class showing up with 7 guys who entered the portal and 2 remaining, then Scheyer refilling the whole team with transfers and only letting Cooper Flagg get 25min per game cuz he brought in "Mason Gillis" from Purdue...

Duke and Arizona have a youth movement coming in. Embrace it. Just cuz Calipari couldn't coach freshmen, but could recruit them like no other, doesn't mean Tommy can't plug and play these freshman into his system which again I question because Krivas is too slow to play Run and Gun. So I think the system will be evolving too if Krivas is going to eat 30 minutes a game. Otherwise he could split time with Henri or Stephen and we can push the pace a little more.

arxpert

After all the naysayers, UConn lands McNeeley. UConn.. a team predicated on stacking 3 or 4 guys who are 6'4 to 6'8 that can all shoot the ball. Champions at redundancy. Don't let me be the one to tell you what works and what doesn't. Too bad we won't see Carter and Liam side by side dominating.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on April 26, 2024, 03:41:04 PMAfter all the naysayers, UConn lands McNeeley. UConn.. a team predicated on stacking 3 or 4 guys who are 6'4 to 6'8 that can all shoot the ball. Champions at redundancy. Don't let me be the one to tell you what works and what doesn't. Too bad we won't see Carter and Liam side by side dominating.

Big Game Bob's brother will definitely make McNeeley earn his way onto the court, but he's not far from being D-I ready right now.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on April 26, 2024, 04:44:27 PM
Quote from: arxpert on April 26, 2024, 03:41:04 PMAfter all the naysayers, UConn lands McNeeley. UConn.. a team predicated on stacking 3 or 4 guys who are 6'4 to 6'8 that can all shoot the ball. Champions at redundancy. Don't let me be the one to tell you what works and what doesn't. Too bad we won't see Carter and Liam side by side dominating.

Big Game Bob's brother will definitely make McNeeley earn his way onto the court, but he's not far from being D-I ready right now.

The Suns would have won tonight if they had McNeeley in their starting 5. Guaaaaaaarannnnnteeeeeed

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on April 26, 2024, 10:46:54 PM

The Suns would have won tonight if they had McNeeley in their starting 5. Guaaaaaaarannnnnteeeeeed

A Big 3 of McNeeley, McNeeley, and McNeeley would have dropped 200 on Minnesota.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on April 26, 2024, 10:54:44 PM

A Big 3 of McNeeley, McNeeley, and McNeeley would have dropped 200 on Minnesota.

I enjoy when people troll the best players. McNeeley is about to make whoever pays the kid from Dayton look like idiots

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on April 27, 2024, 12:11:14 AM
Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on April 26, 2024, 10:54:44 PM

I enjoy when people troll the best players. McNeeley is about to make whoever pays the kid from Dayton look like idiots

Brea is a good shooter, but teams backing up the Brinks truck for him is pretty absurd, and frankly, desperate.

KansasCityCats

Yup. Pelle shot a better 3-point percentage than Brea during his freshman campaign at Utah.

Regardless, Arizona has 5 shooters on the roster. A backup PF or backup PG would be a better fit, in lieu of bringing in another player that will be frustrated with minutes because we're stacked at the Wing.

Let's somebody get angry and transfer out of UConn instead.

arxpert

Speaking of UConn, they just added Aidan Mahaney from Saint Mary's who I didn't personally have any interest in joining Arizona, but is a very interesting grab for UConn as a steady hand, but not really someone I would have thought UConn would go for. I think UConn/Hurley is playing this smart adding steady vets to try to help settle in Superstars. I felt it was natural for Mahaney to slide over to Virginia, but UConn is showing high IQ here while Tommy keeps chasing "what beats us".

If you notice, every year he is adding players that have archetypes of players that have beaten him. I think it is a terrible way to recruit transfers. We will see what Townsend and Awaka do for us going into the Big12, but I am not convinced the young players coming in will be happy about it and in a world of NIL, unless Tommy has these kids pre-paid to stay longer than a year if they don't go to the draft, then I think this is how we lose players instead of develop them to help us, we develop them to help other teams.

BearDownU - Menu