Kerr, Ramey, Boswell

Started by Eurozona, January 24, 2023, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 2 players to start for rest of conf play, b/w Kerr, Ramey and Boswell? Stats from each in remarks.

Eurozona

Player: Stats FG's (3PT), Rb, A, Steals, TO's/// FG% (3PT%), Min/Gm
Kriisa:     22-82 (16-67), 20, 54, 8, 29/// 26.8% (23.8%), 33.4 min/gm
Ramey:   29-82 (22-59), 27, 33, 13, 13/// 35.3% (37.2%), 31.5 min/gm
Boswell: 12-37 (8-27), 13, 15, 4, 3/// 32.4% (29.6%), 13.5 min/gm

WerderBremen

Every statistician would tell you that a larger sample size would probably be more meaningful, but of course this small sample size fits your narrative better, so I understand.

Eurozona

Hard to take Kerr's 6 ass/gm out of lineup. It would be a much easier decision if he could just concentrate on passing though, while just taking open looks.
If you expand since Dec1, the numbers are similar. They change when you include November, because they feasted on the early season cupcakes. Problem there is Ramey did not play the 1st 3 games and in those 1st 3 games Kerr went 11-16 (11-14).

KansasCityCats

Boswell obviously has the most potential of the three guards.  He's 17 years old and getting better by the day.  I love his increased minutes but the other two are definitely our starters throughout the remainder of the season.

Kerr has always been a streaky outside shooter.  Regardless, he's leading the league in assists and his intensity/confidence/leadership makes our team better.  He should be on the floor as often as possible.

Ramey had a couple bad games but is our best outside shooter.  He handles the ball well and can guard multiple positions. 

WerderBremen

Quote from: EuroZona on January 24, 2023, 12:53:36 PM
Hard to take Kerr's 6 ass/gm out of lineup. It would be a much easier decision if he could just concentrate on passing though, while just taking open looks.
If you expand since Dec1, the numbers are similar. They change when you include November, because they feasted on the early season cupcakes. Problem there is Ramey did not play the 1st 3 games and in those 1st 3 games Kerr went 11-16 (11-14).

1) Kerr shot 32% in November, which is not good, but still significantly better than what you posted. So not similar.

2) Why his numbers in Maui versus non cupcakes should not be included is beyond me.

3) Your narrative that he only shots well against cupcakes has no basis when you look at his numbers versus professionals last summer.

But please continue.

WerderBremen

32% in December, not November

Deb

If you watch all our games it is a fact that our offense stalls when Kerr is on the bench. Therefore, it doesn't matter his numbers to me, cuz the team runs better when he is leading. Ramey was exceptional in his defense the last two games, esp vs Tyger. And Kerr was on Singleton, who he held in 35 min of play - to zero pts. You don't bench that.

Eurozona

Deb, the offense stalls regardless of whether Kerr or Ramey is in or out of the game.

Eurozona

Quote from: WerderBremen on January 24, 2023, 01:12:10 PM
Quote from: EuroZona on January 24, 2023, 12:53:36 PM

1) Kerr shot 32% in November, which is not good, but still significantly better than what you posted. So not similar.

2) Why his numbers in Maui versus non cupcakes should not be included is beyond me.

3) Your narrative that he only shots well against cupcakes has no basis when you look at his numbers versus professionals last summer.

But please continue.
1. I did not use Nov, because Ramey was out the 1st 3 games. You can use Pac 12 games (like I did) or games since Dec 1. Does not matter to me.
2. Again, no numbers from Nov were included.
3. If he shoots better in Europe vs in college, then maybe the college kids defend better than guys in Europe? Kerr, Pelle and HV all performed better in their Euro leagues than they are at Arizona vs college kids. Why is that?

I just look at performance. You tell me what these stats mean?
Kerr vs
Q4 teams: 51.6% (54.2%)
Q3: 44.8% (46.2%)
Q2: 32.1% (31.8%)
Q1: 29.4% (25%)

WerderBremen

"I did not use Nov, because Ramey was out the 1st 3 games. You can use Pac 12 games (like I did) or games since Dec 1. Does not matter to me."

Please don't even pretend that that is the actual reason why you did not use the whole season to make your point, like everybody else would. You skipped November for the same reason why you skipped December. You wanted to show the worst possible Kerr numbers. We all know it, you know it. So stop with that lame Ramey explanation.

"If he shoots better in Europe vs in college, then maybe the college kids defend better than guys in Europe?"

Let me see if I can understand your point here. You are saying that the kids who play for WSU, USC, Oregon,... defend better than guys like Franz Wagner, Giannis, Doncic who play in the NBA or the other players that have been playing professional ball for years? Are you serious? When Kerr played Croatia he was facing 3 NBA guys, one guy who was the MVP of the German league two years ago, and another guy who played pro ball for a decade. You honestly believe they play worse defense than guys who would take their jobs in a heartbeat? That is quite some opinion you have there. Not sure if you share that one with anybody who knows basketball.

"Kerr, Pelle and HV all performed better in their Euro leagues than they are at Arizona vs college kids. Why is that?"

This whole sentence just tells me that you don't have any knowledge whatsoever when it comes to international basketball. You keep referring to euro leagues, because you can't differentiate the different competitions. I have never heard anybody call a tournament like the Eurobasket or world cup qualifiers ,,leagues". Also bunching Kerr, Pelle, and HV together to make a point does not really make sense here. HV's numbers were not even good in the world cup qualifiers. They were not good when he played for his youth club team versus adults. May I suggest not to have opinions on matters you don't know shit about?

"I just look at performance. You tell me what these stats mean?
Kerr vs
Q4 teams: 51.6% (54.2%)
Q3: 44.8% (46.2%)
Q2: 32.1% (31.8%)
Q1: 29.4% (25%)"

Wow, that looks like a lot of work to make a very obvious point. When you play against good competition OVER TIME your numbers will be worse than when you play against bad competition. DUH. When you play against a BDU team I am sure your numbers would be better than when you play against Arizona basketball. This seems quite obvious to me. Show me a player who has better averages against very good defense than against poor defense and I will show you a player whose attitude you probably have to question.

Oddly enough you see the same phenomenon with other players.

Zu vs quad 1: 49%
Zu vs quad 4: 68%

Ballo vs quad 1: 66%
Ballo vs quad 4 : 75%

You tell me what these stats mean?

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu