Tommy Lloyd has agreed to become the Arizona Wildcats basketball coach!

Started by WILD, April 08, 2021, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

I'd be ecstatic if Simon came in to be our Associate HC with Terry still on the bench.

I would have been happy if Damon got a shot but I agree that he hasn't proven that he can take on the task of a major program. His situation is similar to KU. Haase could try to take over when Self retires but he just hasn't turned Stanford into a true competitor yet.

Lloyd hasn't been a head coach yet but he controls the Zags...a program that was built from scratch and was on the bench for just as many national title games as Lute.

I'm going to embrace the hire and hope for the best.

Keithjacksontucson

If so, I would say, what an amazing scoop. Also best hire they could have made, coming from a 40 year fan and season ticket holder.

WILD

Keithjacksontucson

TennesseeCat36

Deb

CactusCat

With Tommy Lloyd Arizona Basketball is going to go from this...

To this...

Johnny-bravo

Well the fans warmed to Fisch quickly enough.  Hopefully Lloyd will prove to be a great choice!

WILD

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1381270859961221121

The UofA is using Goodman to put things out there for optics. He will be the one who breaks the Tommy Lloyd is hired when they give him the OK.

WILD

Excerpt from a Spokane newspaper article.

• The signs are all pointing toward Tommy Lloyd leaving Gonzaga, maybe even today.

A person close to Lloyd told friends yesterday the longtime assistant has accepted the offer to become head coach at Arizona, though nothing official has emerged from Tucson yet.

Also
Lloyd's agent is Jason Ranne. And Ranne is a former Arizona basketball captain. He is also a current close confidant of UA President Robert C. Robbins. Put that together and you have the opportunity for a big move.

Full article below
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/apr/11/grip-sports-eastern-takes-time-examine-its-future/

BearDownU - Menu