Kerr Kriisa 6'2 international PG has committed to Arizona

Started by WILD, April 17, 2020, 10:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOOS

Quote from: ChrisZona on April 18, 2020, 07:20:20 AM
So I'm assuming the staff isn't very confident about Brandon's recovery. Though with Baker playing PG last year I didn't think another PG/CG was necessary. But at least this kid looks like he has some potential. Hopefully he's in it for the long haul.

I had the same thought.  MMM is recruiting the position for sure. 

Jdmarti

You figure if akinjo is not available  until january b.will you never know about his knee  how many minutes he will be able to play  an Baker is better at the 2  I think Terry  will also play the 2 an 3  that would leave brown an kriisa at the 1.

KansasCityCats

Unfortunately, I had the same assumption about B-Will.

This is a nice long-term pickup. We needed a 4-year PG that can make plays and still find way to score on his own. The highlights are solid against competition that appears to be stronger than AAU/HS ball.

Looking forward to seeing whether he contributes immediately.

UAlum

He is a 40% 3-pt shooter with good skill and looks like great ball handling skills. He may immediately be our best shooter so maybe freshman year just come in off the bench as a spot up shooter and develop into a great PG? I like it

Eurozona

Looks like Miller will be slotting Mathurin at SF, which means this team is going to be under-sized at the 1,2 and 3 (6'2, 6'0 and 6-5). Not sure how this team gains continuity with 6 guys competing for minutes at 2 positions. It tells me that Miller does not have confidence in any of them to be significant contributors (30+ minutes). There are going to be some unhappy players midway through the season. Balanced roster...whats that?
PG: Krissa, B.Williams (Baker) (Akinjo has zero PG traits)
SG: Akinjo, Terry, Brown, Baker (B.Will)
SF: Mathurin (Lee) (Terry has the height, but is way too skinny)
PF: Brown (Lee)
C: Koloko (Brown)

KansasCityCats

Akinjo has plenty of PG qualities. He's fast and has a nice handle on the ball. He doesn't have great vision to make plays for others, but we realistically have 5 guys that can bring the ball up the court (assuming B-Will plays).

Throw in Mathurin at SF and there will be a nice rotation of 6 guys at 3 positions. Lee will never play SF because we are short handed in the post. He'll primarily be a PF with occasional minutes as an undersized C (when playing other small-ball schools).

The staff will definitely add at least one more big to the rotation. Haarms would be a perfect starter, but we'll see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Bob A