Sean Miller phone calls with Dawkins quoted in Documentary "The scheme"

Started by WILD, March 17, 2020, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Miller phone calls to be played during HBO documentary about Christian Dawkins which will be aring on March 31st. Still not really anything new, but again Miller and Arizona's name getting thrown out there. Hopefully this is the last we'll hear about this.

On the phone call, Miller quickly informed Dawkins that he believed that any rumors about Reid coming to Arizona was a potential trick designed for the Reid camp to get more money out of LSU.

Christian Dawkins: "In essence, let me ask you this: Do you think you'll get Naz Reid?"

Sean Miller: "No. He's going to LSU."

Dawkins: "OK, he's going to LSU, so that helps."

Miller: "We're not even bringing him on a visit. He's not even visiting. That's all [expletive]. Like, I'm looking at our recruiting board, he's not even on it. I've never talked to the kid. All this [expletive] hype [expletive] on the phone, it's stupid. He just probably said, 'You know what, [expletive] you. I don't want 75, I want a 120. I may go to Arizona.' That's all that was."

Dawkins made a joke about Wade overpaying for recruits.

Dawkins: "And Will Wade — I told Book, I said, 'Will Wade is like driving up the price of [players]. Cause he's not even doing like real numbers.' "

Miller: "I tell you what, 'I'll give him credit. He's got a big set of balls on him.' "

Dawkins: "No, Will Wade doesn't give a [expletive], Sean."

In another conversation between Miller and Dawkins, the Arizona coach asks for some help in navigating the recruitment of Nassir Little, a five-star recruit out of Orlando who would eventually sign with North Carolina. It appears that both Dawkins and Miller believed at the time that Little's AAU director Brad Augustine and coach Darryl Hardin would have significant influence over Little's college choice.

Read the full article below
https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/1239967259088412679

Update

Now Mark Schlabach is jumping back on the bandwagon. He's still clinging to the hope of a Miller Ayton wiretap being out there somewhere. Oh and his buddy Bilas has to tweet out his story for him. Just pathetic!

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/1240086986486091776

arxpert

I don't know why this punk thinks he has the right to sell his story like this without any recourse from anyone. How is he going to profit off of this after everything? This isn't Making a Murderer. Damn. He should say this is dramatization based on a true story, but facts changed and manipulated for TV production. Like when they make movies about things like "The Blindside" or "Money Ball".

This is obtuse.

Dryheat

Still not a good look for the UOfA. Hopefully this will become old news and the program can move forward.

Little George

Quote from: arxpert on March 17, 2020, 02:14:20 PM
I don't know why this punk thinks he has the right to sell his story like this without any recourse from anyone. How is he going to profit off of this after everything? This isn't Making a Murderer. Damn. He should say this is dramatization based on a true story, but facts changed and manipulated for TV production. Like when they make movies about things like "The Blindside" or "Money Ball".

This is obtuse.

Because he can say anything he wants in the book without consequences and there are too many idiots who will buy it.

Johnny-bravo

Well, nothing incriminating in that transcript!  Miller is talking about a kid he isn't recruiting and is saying another coach who reportedly pays recruits has gotta lot of balls.  Big deal.

What more have ya got?!

WILD

Now Mark Schlabach is jumping back on the bandwagon. He's still clinging to the hope of a Miller Ayton wiretap being out there somewhere. Oh and his buddy Bilas has to tweet out his story for him. Just pathetic!

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/1240086986486091776

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Just a reminder. This is the actual conversation between Miller and Dawkins.

Little George

Old hat!

More sanctions will come after the first 6 yes, but those 6 are the primary ones. Which 6 have been announced? Schools involving players already to have lost eligibility due to this investigation.

KansasCityCats

Dawkins is just pissed because Miller wouldn't give him the time of day on the recruiting trail.

Instead of ratting out all the Adidas schools that worked closely with him on the AAU circuit, Dawkins tried to throw Miller under the bus to ESPN.  The skewed "insider info" ran its course & they're doing everything possible to try and validate the story because ESPN looks like the ***hole in the end for bringing inaccurate journalism into the world.

Verify your sources next time...so you don't have to spend the next two years trying to prove to the world that Dook and Pitino are the only  victims in college basketball.