If not Miller, then who?

Started by 2012Cat, January 13, 2020, 07:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Anybody with NBA experience has instant credibility with recruits.

If a young kid like Luke can add experience to his bench, he could easily dominate the PAC-12. I doubt he'd want to go anywhere else, which could provide stability.

Calipari failed in the league and that worked out pretty well for Memphis/UK (during most seasons).

Manillathrilla

right now i would trade danny hurley for miller in a heartbeat

Wildcat4life

Billy Donovan would be a good choice.

2012Cat

Quote from: Wildcat4life on January 14, 2020, 03:53:08 PM
Billy Donovan would be a good choice.

There's probably no more than 3 programs that wouldn't trade their current coach for Donovan. I don't think Arizona could afford him

mvpreed2

The question is a lot harder to answer.
Who can you bring in to keep Arizona atop the PAC-12, continues recruiting success and every 3-4 years can build a Final Four contender?
That question is a lot harder to answer and even though some may be tired of Miller, you can't name 10 jobs that a coach would pick over Arizona right now.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

Quote from: Manillathrilla on January 14, 2020, 03:17:49 PM
right now i would trade danny hurley for miller in a heartbeat

Seriously?  UCONN is on their way to another .500 season...and last season was pretty ugly.  Their only decent win is Florida, who has vastly underachieved so far this season.

arxpert

UConn is what Arizona would have become without Sean Miller and what Arizona will likely become without him if you think he has to go this or next year. Billy Donovan won't come here with sanctions over his head. No one of stature will come here and have to play from behind from the beginning ON TOP of having nobody on the roster except Ira Lee and even Ira would be a good piece to add to a veteran team as a transfer to extend his college career. I would even expect Christian Koloko, Baker, and Jordan Brown to transfer out and apply for an exception to play immediately. Dalen Terry would decommit. Akinjo would probably leave too.

SnowDen

Quote from: arxpert on January 15, 2020, 11:26:53 AM
UConn is what Arizona would have become without Sean Miller and what Arizona will likely become without him if you think he has to go this or next year. Billy Donovan won't come here with sanctions over his head. No one of stature will come here and have to play from behind from the beginning ON TOP of having nobody on the roster except Ira Lee and even Ira would be a good piece to add to a veteran team as a transfer to extend his college career. I would even expect Christian Koloko, Baker, and Jordan Brown to transfer out and apply for an exception to play immediately. Dalen Terry would decommit. Akinjo would probably leave too.

The same uconn that has 4 titles since ours? Not so bad.

KansasCityCats

I think they assumed that we would turn into UCONN "post Calhoun".  Ollie won the single title with Calhoun's players...but they made just ONE other tournament since then...and didn't advance past the 2nd round.  That would be a dark place for Arizona Basketball.

Deb

I'd like a coach who had previous experience of getting to the Final Four - like Lute had when he came to Arizona. Someone who has shown he can win the big game. Beard would be a great hire imo - he took TXTech to an EE & FF in his first 3 yrs there. And this year he has his team ranked in a tough conference (already beat 'Ville when they were #1) - and he does it with 3 & 4 stars, no one&dones. I couldn't even name one guy on TXTech. He's shown he can develop guys that play hard for him. We need that.