Just talked to Brandon Williams & he told us he is staying at Arizona!

Started by WILD, June 19, 2019, 01:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumpinjohnny

Bkatt

Quote from: WILDcatAZfan on June 25, 2019, 11:25:55 PM
Brandon Williams was seen practicing hard with Ira Lee at Mckale at about 230pm and told people on IG that his knee is doing great.

I'm so confused!

I don't know what this means but I am hoping for something good.

Jdmarti

GoCatZ

So, WILD has posted a bunch of pics of the players working out with Miller at RHJ Gym. There was one pic with BWILL in a hudle, but not one pic of him actually participating in the basketball workout. Either they are purposely excluding him from the pics or he is not really playing ball. I'd bet it's the latter. I hope I'm wrong & the next batch of pics shows him running with Nico & Green. Crossing my fingers.

Jdmarti

I took it as he was practicing  because he was on the court with rest of team.

Little George

Quote from: Jdmarti on July 02, 2019, 10:20:44 AM
I took it as he was practicing  because he was on the court with rest of team.

We don't know the details, but if the staff is seriously looking to bring in Puff, there is a reason. Something there.

Liquidated

Like that he is coming back as one of few shreds of continuity and stability we have left. Hope he has an amazing sophomore year. 

No one really knows for certain that the new kids are actually any better (shall we review all the past similar recruiting rankings that busted?) but honestly, after last year, a wholesale change of starters with Jeter and Wiliams off the bench is what I am hoping for.

Williams is not a great PG, BB IQ is not super high, he is not individually gifted as a shooter or athlete, he's not fast, does not create his own shot much better than an average PAC12 player,  he is not explosive nor creative. He does not shoot super well. His assist to TO ratio is entirely forgettable - he does not have the true PG gene. If Williams is our future at PG, we're not going anywhere as a program. 

Williams is a good back up at Arizona and frankly appears to be at or near his ceiling. It is just not a huge loss if he were to go or needed a medical redshirt year (which, of course, would mean an early declaration for the draft, along with the other 600 guys who declare every year now and have zero chance of ever playing 1 minute in the NBA) .
"How does this guy still have his job?! That makes no sense...the world is getting nuked around him and Sean Miller is still there..."  - Mark Titus

Tucsandman

It could be that BWill is participating in a limited fashion. Maybe they are just working him cautiously. Perhaps while others are on the court, he's riding a bike...who knows. Def looks like he's not involved in the contact part of things though.

Jdmarti