Word is that an Arizona basketball player may leave due to personal reasons

Started by WILD, June 07, 2019, 03:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Word is that an Arizona basketball player may leave due to personal reasons.

I'm not going to name names here, but there's a player on the team who's been contemplating leaving the team for personal reasons for over a month now.

Jordan Brown committing puts us at 1 player over the scholarship limit.

Here's the current roster

1. Chase Jeter
2. Dylan Smith
3. Ira Lee
4. Alex Barcello
5. Brandon Williams
6. Nico Mannion
7. Josh Green
8. Zeke Nnaji
9. Terry Armstrong
10. Christan Koloko
11. Stone Gettings
12. Jemarl Baker
13. Max Hazzard
14. Jordan Brown

DWIZZ

I remember you mentioning this in the late night chat last month. Makes the most sense with all that has happened the last couple of weeks.

2012Cat

Jdmarti

I wish I knew who you were talking about wild   the one guy who comes to mind is IRA because of the DUI an his grandma. I hope not though  I know willams  an his knee that he had scoped other than that I can't think of anyone.

Jdmarti

As long as it is not Brandon willams  because he has a future here.

Jdmarti

I would be ok if it were Smith but he just said he was coming back a few weeks ago

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: Jdmarti on June 07, 2019, 06:24:38 PM
I wish I knew who you were talking about wild   the one guy who comes to mind is IRA because of the DUI an his grandma. I hope not though  I know willams  an his knee that he had scoped other than that I can't think of anyone.

I really can't picture it being Ira. He could have easily stepped away last season when both of those things happened + fans were torching the hell out of him like dumbasses on social media early on. But he didn't leave. The only other hypothetical place he could maybe want to play is UCLA with Shareef, but there's no way that would happen. So I think he's locked in as a Wildcat for life. He puts a lot of value on loyalty.

Bkatt

ChrisZona

Obvious choice is Alex Barcello with Hazzards commitment he basically has no role on next year's team, he'd be the 4th guard at either PG or off the ball. But if it's due to personal reasons as indicated then I have no idea, I'd probably assume someone not from the westcoast Dylan, Terry, Zeke, Josh. Just hope it isn't someone valuable on this year's team with two traditional transfers on the roster injuries could make things precarious.

Jdmarti

I imagine we will know soon  since it is June already an that player will have to find a new school. I do hope it is not a player who is important for next years team.