Liquidated incessant posting

Started by ollieboy5150, March 30, 2019, 09:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollieboy5150

Does anyone else feel Liquidated has hijacked this site?

Teamgame

Better be careful what you say as soon as I said something my Karma got knocked down five points to a negative again. I've decided to stop posting and only come here for information posted by Wild himself.

2020champs

He's just sharing his opinion even though he's obsessive about it, he definitely hasn't crossed any sort of harassment line

UAlum

I basically disagree with everything he says, generally don't read his essay posts anymore, and think its a bummer that a lot of discussion on this site revolves around his incessant bashing of our basketball program's current state, but like others have said, at least he isn't particularly rude to others

cnfi12

Quote from: Kasey on March 30, 2019, 09:59:20 AM
He's just sharing his opinion even though he's obsessive about it, he definitely hasn't crossed any sort of harassment line

Surely, you jest!

MDcAtZ

He definitely has a wealth of knowledge, and there are times he provides some good insights. But then there are times he tries to beat the forum into submission with page long rants full of lies, half-truths, misinformation, and rumors. It's fine to have opinions and debate things... but we fight the media's lies enough outside of PPU. Shouldn't have to fight "fans" parroting media lies here.

It's cool that he thinks the pack line defense sucks. Go ahead and debate it. But don't try destroying someone with completely baseless rumors of sexual impropriety.

2020champs

Recently he's been saying things that don't even make sense if he is theoretically an Arizona fan who wants Sean fired, (for example: Josh Green would've had his layup from the McDonalds game blocked, like what?) he simply sounds like he hates our whole program for no reason but I think people know to ignore him, I mean look at his karma, like -270...

eggdog

I agree with everything WildcatInUK said above. Maybe if there was a penalty if your karma dropped below a certain number you'd be banned from posting for a week or so and then he'd stick to posting meaningful things instead of constantly spewing hate on Miller. Hoping he improves or not liking his coaching style is one thing but he's way out of line with some of his rumors and he reposts the same crap all the time on every post.
I wish that I could be more like Dickie V, but I'm just not willing to cut off half my dick and tape it to my forehead - ichi

lynxaz

After this thread I've finally added him to my ignore list. Hopefully I won't see any more post from Liquidforbrains

Liquidated

I have three points for everyone.

1. I signed up in October of 2018 - some of you were here before that and some came after. But this site had very little traffic when I signed up. I recall seeing 10 or more consecutive posts by WildcatAZ and NOTHING else and very few responses to what he was posting. And that is fine if this is an aggregator site or you are coming here for simple information. I see lots of Sheer's stuff and other sites content posted here.

But I write original posts. And I notice more and more people doing the same. Seems like the forum is growing and I am not taking any credit for that, other than my activity and to note that if you are only interesting in the moderators articles, maybe a discussion forum is not your cup of tea. Perhaps that qualify as 'hijacking'?

My interest is in discussion. I engage just about everyone without name calling and trying to find common ground (KansasCity and I share some ideas and opinions and yet he vehemently disagrees with much of what I say - I still treat him as a friend. Same for Little George, Zip, and many others)

2. I do post the same thing over and over...because the same ridiculous stuff gets posted over and over about what a brilliant coach Miller is or how not a single infraction was his doing and that he is completely innocent and a victim of bad reporting only and unfairly. This is patently stupid and yet so may here just seem oblivious to simple, reported facts. So I respond to those. Point is that if I am posting 'incessantly' it is becasue the opposite viewpoint is being presented just as 'incessantly'.

3. I view sports differently than most. I am keenly interested in coaching and motivations, trends and overall program development and much less so in just the surface outcomes. That is why Miller's winning % is meaningless to me, while his odds of making a final four are of paramount interest, again, to me. His success rate with recruits who are not one and done or his in game strategy is far more interesting than video of a recruit dunking in the MCD's AA game. Having posters who can intelligently discuss the Pack Line D would be great, and yet no one does. I comment that it is designed for mid major, short, slower and less talented teams from the mid 1980's and that it forces outside shots, which is exactly what advanced analytics emphasizes and I get told that I am just a 'hater'. When I agree and note that I 'hate' to loose because Miller is 30 years behind the times, and masking his incompetence with one and dones, then I am told to 'F*** Off'. Hard to have a discussion with posters who can't allow someone to have an opinion different from their own. I do hope that most can see, my opinions are formed from experience, backed by facts and knowledge. I spend time researching and often post that research. If your interpretation of that research (often stats) differs, that is great IMO, then we have a discussion.

Miller's winning % is a meaningless thing if he does not make the final four or it is a good thing that I simply don't appreciate.  That is a discussion.

"How does this guy still have his job?! That makes no sense...the world is getting nuked around him and Sean Miller is still there..."  - Mark Titus