Arizona's season is officially over with no NIT invite

Started by GoCatZ, March 17, 2019, 04:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Dook didn't play Tennessee.

Gonzaga & Auburn were part of the invite tourney...the same one WE participated in.

Kentucky is NEVER scheduled by Coach K.  It's part of the series with MSU/KU that is pushed by the NCAA.

Texas Tech was also part of an annual "classic" where Dook finds opponents from the West & brings them to MSG for a matchup because they're took scared to play true road games (Utah was their prior opponents in 2015).

Check they're prior schedules...outside of Big-10/ACC challenges...the last true road game that involved Coach K involved two embarrassing losses in 2011.  Since then...they don't have the balls to play anybody.  Stop giving them credit.

eggdog

KansasCityCats is absolutely right - outside the tournaments and exhibitions Duke schedule Army West Point, Eastern Michigan, Stetson, Hartford, Yale and Princeton - and they played all those games at home. When we scheduled UCONN, Alabama and Baylor they were all supposed to be better than they were this year - then again so were we.
I wish that I could be more like Dickie V, but I'm just not willing to cut off half my dick and tape it to my forehead - ichi

KansasCityCats

Still hard to argue against Lute's scheduling.  He was an absolutely monster in the OOC and I would love to see some top-tier matchups.

Unfortunately, the blue-bloods (like Dook) refuse to play on the road & we are settling for the next best thing.  I like the job that Ryan Reynolds has done over the past decade, although I look forward to something bigger than Illinois, Gonzaga, Baylor, etc in the future.

Little George

Quote from: KansasCityCats on March 20, 2019, 10:49:10 AM
Still hard to argue against Lute's scheduling.  He was an absolutely monster in the OOC and I would love to see some top-tier matchups.

Unfortunately, the blue-bloods (like Dook) refuse to play on the road & we are settling for the next best thing.  I like the job that Ryan Reynolds has done over the past decade, although I look forward to something bigger than Illinois, Gonzaga, Baylor, etc in the future.

Yep, and anyone who plays there is screwed by the refs. Dukie sucks! Would love to see some Lute OOC schedules soon.

Liquidated

Quote from: KansasCityCats on March 20, 2019, 10:10:01 AM
Dook didn't play Tennessee.

Gonzaga & Auburn were part of the invite tourney...the same one WE participated in.

Kentucky is NEVER scheduled by Coach K.  It's part of the series with MSU/KU that is pushed by the NCAA.

Texas Tech was also part of an annual "classic" where Dook finds opponents from the West & brings them to MSG for a matchup because they're took scared to play true road games (Utah was their prior opponents in 2015).

Check they're prior schedules...outside of Big-10/ACC challenges...the last true road game that involved Coach K involved two embarrassing losses in 2011.  Since then...they don't have the balls to play anybody.  Stop giving them credit.

Sorry, was looking at Duke and flipped over to Kentucky and saw the Tennessee game... my bad..

Plain and simple - Duke agreed to play int his tournaments and Duke agree to the ACC Big10 challenge it does not matter how they get there or where they play...

And if you played int he ACC...you would want favorable home games against cupcakes too...there is nothing wrong with that...

Cut it anyway you want - Duke played 13 ranked teams THIS year (not counting the tourney) - at Cameron, on the home courts of ranked opponents and in neutral sites.

AZ has played 9 ranked teams in 3 years (not counting the tourney)

C'mon...we do not have leg to stand on - out scheduling is dog sh*t

"How does this guy still have his job?! That makes no sense...the world is getting nuked around him and Sean Miller is still there..."  - Mark Titus