Trevon Duval?

Started by Paper_Bag, May 08, 2017, 12:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper_Bag

I know that the general feeling is that we have next to no chance of landing this guy and that Duke is his favorite, but is this based off of anything concrete?

I'm not suggesting we have a shot, I'm just curious where all this certainty around his decision comes from since I've been under the impression that Duval has been really tight lipped about his recruitment throughout the whole process.

Is it just based on 1) It's Duke 2)the roster makeup 3) the fact that it's on the east coast and he's an east coast kid? Or has he at some point indicated that he's favoring Duke?

WILD

Trevon Duval announces today that he will announce his announcement date "in the next couple of days." 

He literally made an announcement for the announcement of his announcement date.

Well, everyone is saying he is picking Duke, but you never know. It wasn't to long ago that the then number one player in the country Ayton surprised everyone (Kansas fans lost their $hit) by picking Arizona. Arizona wasn't even in the picture, so we'll see.  I say we have a better chance then people think. We'll know by the end of the week.

Paper_Bag

Quote from: Wildcatazfan on May 08, 2017, 12:50:41 AM
Trevon Duval announces today that he will announce his announcement date "in the next couple of days." 

He literally made an announcement for the announcement of his announcement date.

Well, everyone is saying he is picking Duke, but you never know. It wasn't to long ago that the then number one player in the country Ayton surprised everyone (Kansas fans lost their $hit) by picking Arizona. Arizona wasn't even in the picture, so we'll see.  I say we have a better chance then people think. We'll know by the end of the week.

Haha yeah, I saw the announcement for the announcement of his announcement. It's what got me thinking about this. Hilarious

Paper_Bag

My fingers are crossed but with Deandre he was already in state and had a clear starting spot. I believe Duval should start if he were to commit here but I am almost certain Miller would start a Sr. Parker over Duval.

Whereas Duke is most likely telling Duval he'll start from day one which seems likely since I'm hearing from Duke fans that Frank Jackson will keep his name in the draft.

I like Parker but the dude's presence has seemed to hurt our recruiting pitch for PG's in recent classes.