Which Wildcat will have the biggest freshman to sophomore jump next season?

Started by WILD, March 22, 2018, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Wildcat will have the biggest freshman to sophomore jump next season?

Alex Barcello
8 (7%)
Emmanuel Akot
50 (43.9%)
Brandon Randolph
46 (40.4%)
Ira Lee
10 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 113

mvpreed2

I'd put my money on Akot if I had to choose right now.
The one I HOPE it turns out to be is Barcello.
We need him to take a bigger leap next season or he is going to get buried on the bench with Miller going after so many G options for next season.
We may see Akot at PG if Barcello can't get it together and our other options aren't good enough yet.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Titan4Wildcats

I'd love to see Akot's D come in w/ODrive and his shooting opened up.  Ira can be a scoring machine when he stops with the fouls.  He's got some talent.   The one that isn't thought about much...discussed much...Chase.  He looked real good at the beginning of this last season.  And he's got a year of the system in him already.  I'd really put a bet on him amazing a few people.  Eman can shoot those 3's...he's got a nice stroke.  Ira's got a nice jumper and can get to the rim.  A few missing positions/players.  The Wildcats will be talented again.  And again, we'll see. 

Bear Down!

talj1@juno.com

I just want to see some defense.  Who every can stay in front of his man, for a change will get my vote and the only guy that made noticeable improvement in that area was eman.  If Williams comes he will almost certainly be the starting point next year.  Barcelo had coaches trust this year and he didn't do much of anything.  Not sure he will ever get there but you never know and I hope like crazy he can make that jump cause he would be really fun to cheer for.  He seems to have a lot of heart but really struggled with confidence seemingly.  That is a concern going forward.

dashots_UA

These guys all have the upside to be very good players.  I expected ALOT more from Randolph based on what I saw him do in high school.  Akot probably showed the most in game flashes of upside and how good he can be.  I hope they all make a significant jump, but probably Akot or Randolph in my opinion.
Bear Down.

conundrumz

Voted for Emmanuel. As long as Akot stays healthy, i.e. no knee problems, I think he'll have the biggest improvement this year. EA can play multiple positions and has the best chance at playing time since he likes to defend. I like Randolph's game, too. Either player could really bust out.

Titan4Wildcats

I really like Ira...BUT, having said that I'm going to have to say I think Randolph will be set to explode this season.  He's already experienced College ball, got playing time, and played with some great players.  His game is DUE!

SteveKerrFan

Little George

Akot if his knee issues are behind him
Barcello with experiencd
Lee with maturity
Randolph because his confidence will return and he will begin to dominate as he did in HS.

Let me add

Jeter because he has improved and we will get to see it on the floor.
Smith because he will settle into his role.

wc

mvpreed2

Well my pick from 2017 isn't even with the program anymore (EA).
For 2018, the obvious pick would be BW, but I want to see how DD comes back.
High-energy guy, always around the ball, making the right play/pass, but he needs to slow down a bit.
We know what we have in BW and OT transferred out as well and he would have been my pick.
So it's DD by default for me..
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014