The Arizona Wildcat Football 2024 Season Schedule Is Here!

Started by WILD, January 30, 2024, 09:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Kansas State on the road to open Big 12 play is a rough draw, but it's a great opportunity to make an early statement.

KansasCityCats

Gonna be tough. K-State actually doesn't count as a conference game because it was a previously scheduled OOC matchup, so we have TEN Big-12 opponents.

Let me know if anybody is traveling for the Cats VS Cats matchup. Our alumni group is already trying to round up tickets!

arxpert

Random @UCF just sounds weird and WVU having to fly all the way to Tucson.

This really is professional sports. How the hell can these kids actually learn anything with travel schedules like this? They really might as well not even be getting degrees. Their true life skills are going to be Athleticism, Adaptability, Fortitude to withstand change and being able to handle pressure. Maybe some memory skills in terms of remembering all the stuff they need to for the game.

I guess those are hirable traits at Enterprise Rent A Car. It's getting a little embarrassing to me. This all needs to be outside of Academia.

A lot of Road Games early in the slate. Probably for the best. It's hot in Tucson early in the season.

If we don't get any surprise rug pulls and we go into next year with this team the way we basically have it then I don't see why we should lose more than 4 games at most. 3 maybe. Anything better than that and we would definitely be in the CFP Tournament. 3 Loss would be the threshold. Have to come out swinging and not blow any games early on.

KansasCityCats

The road schedule is surprisingly light.  Arizona doesn't play any back-to-back road games (we have a bye between KSU/Utah).  UCF is a silly addition to the conference.  Otherwise, the only road destinations are in the states of Kansas, Texas and Utah.  The distance to Fort Worth is actually comparable to the Bay Area...and closer than previous Oregon/Washington schools.

Basketball and other sports that play weekday games miss an extensive amount of class.  Football "student athletes" skip minimal classes.

But in general, I completely agree that this is comparable to professional sports.  There's a reason I put "student athletes" in quotations above.  Plenty of football players work extremely hard to balance their academics and earn degrees...but they aren't your typical D-1 football players.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on February 01, 2024, 08:46:16 AMThe road schedule is surprisingly light.  Arizona doesn't play any back-to-back road games (we have a bye between KSU/Utah).  UCF is a silly addition to the conference.  Otherwise, the only road destinations are in the states of Kansas, Texas and Utah.  The distance to Fort Worth is actually comparable to the Bay Area...and closer than previous Oregon/Washington schools.

Basketball and other sports that play weekday games miss an extensive amount of class.  Football "student athletes" skip minimal classes.

But in general, I completely agree that this is comparable to professional sports.  There's a reason I put "student athletes" in quotations above.  Plenty of football players work extremely hard to balance their academics and earn degrees...but they aren't your typical D-1 football players.

Start putting the word "degree" in quotes.

BearDownU - Menu