2024-25 Projected Roster

Started by KansasCityCats, January 29, 2024, 01:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

I think Werder is referencing the COVID year. All players are eligible for a 5th career season...and Keshad is the only Senior that exhausted that additional season. The other three could play again if they wanted to come back.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 30, 2024, 03:34:42 PMI think Werder is referencing the COVID year. All players are eligible for a 5th career season...and Keshad is the only Senior that exhausted that additional season. The other three could play again if they wanted to come back.

I guess I can see Love fielding offers to transfer if he tests the waters and isn't considered Pro level. I think he is. He reminds me of Jordan Clarkson with better defense.

Tommy surely has to send Ballo on his way. I can't see how he helps this team overall. Time for a change.

Pelle could make sense to use that Option. Not sure if Tommy would want him to though. He would be better for us than probably any experienced transfer if Love moves on.

KansasCityCats

Quote from: UAlum on January 29, 2024, 05:35:14 PMI just recently saw a short interview with Joson Sanon, a 2025 recruit, who basically said he is going to reclassify to 2024. Another athletic scoring wing who would be a great last scholarship player for a killer team. He was just on campus in the last couple weeks visiting too

You NAILED it!

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2024/3/20/24106819/arizona-wildcats-mens-basketball-recruiting-joson-sanon-vermont-uconn-kentucky-2025-reclassify-2024

Sanon is reclassifying and will add depth to our wing position.  Based on the recruiting videos...he's ready to contribute immediately.  Arizona will be dangerous with TWO KJ Lewis-ish players on the court.  Both guys possess the same ridiculous athleticism and hustle.  Sanon's shot may be a little more accurate but KJ's defense will stand out next season.

Can't wait to see how the roster pans out during the offseason.  Regardless, Arizona will be STACKED in 2024-25.

LeftCoastCats

Bradley (6'3)
KJ, (6'4)
Sanon (6'5)
Bryant (6'8 )
krivas (7'2)

Boswell???

Extended rotation:

Transfer (forward)
Phillips (wing)
Stephen (C)
Paulius (forward)
Henri (4/5)

The deep bench...

ChrisZona

Starters:
Bradley or Boswell
Philips
Lewis
Bryant
Transfer
Reserves:
Transfer G-if Bos or Bradley leave
Sanon
Krivas
Bench Warmers/Transfer out:
Stephen
Veesaar
Murauskas
Anderson
Martinez
Boro

KansasCityCats

With a few announcements, the roster is becoming a little clearer (although it will obviously change again within the next month:

Graduating:
PG/SG - Caleb Love
Wing - Pelle Larsson
PF - Keshad Johnson - Confirmed
C - Oumar Ballo - Confirmed
(walk-on) Grant Weitman - Confirmed
(walk-on) Luke Champion - Confirmed

Transfers:
PG - Kylan Boswell
Wing - Filip Borovicanin
SF/PF - Paulius Marauskas
C - Dylan Anderson

Starters:
PG - Jaden Bradley (JR)
Wing - Joson Sanon (FR)
Wing - KJ Lewis (SO)
SF/PF - Carter Bryant (FR)
C - Motiejus Krivas (SO)

Bench:
PG - Jamari Phillips (FR)
PG - Conrad Martinez (SO)
PF/C - Henri Veesaar (SO-RS)
C - Emmanuel Stephen (FR)

Walk-ons:
SG - Jackson Cook (SO)
SG - Will Kuykendall (SO)
PF - Will Menaugh (SR)

With 4 available scholarships, I assume that Lloyd will go after two transfers: one SG and one PF.  In addition, the staff will likely bring in an international recruit...then give a scholarship to Menaugh to fill the 13th spot.  We need another Keshod Johnson-ish defender that wouldn't take as many minutes away from our already talented 9-man roster. 

BearDownU - Menu