Bronny James, USC, and Tommy Lloyd's Legacy

Started by arxpert, May 06, 2023, 11:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

If I were Tommy Lloyd, I would mark my calendar for the USC games this season and do Everything humanly possible to make sure that Bronny James looks like complete trash vs his system. Tommy should take it personally that he is up against serious talent that opted for Pac12 schools as a whole, but nothing will mean more than making Lebron's kid look like he doesn't belong.

As Brother Jedd says - "It's Personal"

Tommy has a lot to live up to this season.

mvpreed2

Not so sure how true this is, but over on my other home (USC forums), there is a rumor swirling around that 5* Kentucky commit Aaron Bradshaw is looking to come to USC.
What I will say here is that they are juiced on the idea of having two 7' bigs and one relative said, "I would love nothing more than to play bully ball against Arizona".
I chimed in with my two cents, but unless Lloyd is the type of coach that is going to alter his system to play to his strengths, he needs to find another big to step in where Tubelis is stepping out.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

arxpert

Quote from: mvpreed2 on May 07, 2023, 12:59:46 PM
Not so sure how true this is, but over on my other home (USC forums), there is a rumor swirling around that 5* Kentucky commit Aaron Bradshaw is looking to come to USC.
What I will say here is that they are juiced on the idea of having two 7' bigs and one relative said, "I would love nothing more than to play bully ball against Arizona".
I chimed in with my two cents, but unless Lloyd is the type of coach that is going to alter his system to play to his strengths, he needs to find another big to step in where Tubelis is stepping out.
#BearDown

Let's think about this logically. If Tommy Lloyd is the developer of talent that some believe he is, then does he truly have to look so far? He has Ballo, Vessar and Dylan Anderson. Ballo is maybe 6-9 or 6-10 on a good day, but he's a load. Dylan is probably 7'1" and Vessar is 6-11 maybe 7-0 by now. If Tommy can teach these kids how to play basketball then I think the "replacement big" is not the issue.

Collier
Bronny James
Cody Williams
Kwame Evans is it?

These are the Premier 5*'s I'm mostly alluding to here. Tommy was out recruited in his own conference.

I'm glad to hear USC sentiments about taking games vs Arizona personally. I have no idea what sort of beef they have with us, but if they can back it up this year then more power to them. It's up to Tommy to set the standard that Arizona is going to stay on top of the Pac12 no matter what. Even in USC and UCLA's final season.

Tommy has a lot to live up to with the departure of a ton of talent over the last 2 years with very little to show for it outside of 2 Pac12 Tournament Banners and 1 Pac12 Title. Windows close fast in College Basketball. I want to see what Tommy can do over the next 1 to 2 seasons before I completely write him off as out of his league, but I do believe he will regret not being able to coach in-game X's and O's in March with those 1 and 2 seeds sooner than later. Those were possibly the best chances he will ever have in his entire career on a Silver Platter and it was taken for granted.

arxpert

Quote from: arxpert on May 08, 2023, 01:51:02 AM
Quote from: mvpreed2 on May 07, 2023, 12:59:46 PM
#BearDown

Let's think about this logically. If Tommy Lloyd is the developer of talent that some believe he is, then does he truly have to look so far? He has Ballo, Vessar and Dylan Anderson. Ballo is maybe 6-9 or 6-10 on a good day, but he's a load. Dylan is probably 7'1" and Vessar is 6-11 maybe 7-0 by now. If Tommy can teach these kids how to play basketball then I think the "replacement big" is not the issue.

Collier
Bronny James
Cody Williams
Kwame Evans is it?

These are the Premier 5*'s I'm mostly alluding to here. Tommy was out recruited in his own conference.

I'm glad to hear USC sentiments about taking games vs Arizona personally. I have no idea what sort of beef they have with us, but if they can back it up this year then more power to them. It's up to Tommy to set the standard that Arizona is going to stay on top of the Pac12 no matter what. Even in USC and UCLA's final season.

Tommy has a lot to live up to with the departure of a ton of talent over the last 2 years with very little to show for it outside of 2 Pac12 Tournament Banners and 1 Pac12 Title. Windows close fast in College Basketball. I want to see what Tommy can do over the next 1 to 2 seasons before I completely write him off as out of his league, but I do believe he will regret not being able to coach in-game X's and O's in March with those 1 and 2 seeds sooner than later. Those were possibly the best chances he will ever have in his entire career on a Silver Platter and it was taken for granted.

Quick amendment - I noticed I left out Tommy's "Total Wins" record when discussing his accolades. I will acknowledge that, but it really hasn't been the hardest of all hard OOC Slates to ever exist. I think this year's OOC Slate will prove more challenging. But the standard has been set. The expectations are there. I see no reason why we have to "fall off". I said this going into Tommy's first season when no one predicted us to be "anything". I said we had the talent that remained from Coach 1B. Then last season I said there is no reason we should fall off either. It's always the "pundits" that love to put us (UofA) down pre-flop. The media hasn't given Arizona Basketball any respect since the FBI accusations started up. As we get further away from that I expect better treatment, but I don't assume it.

lovedrunk

I think arxpert makes a great point here. Personally I kind of wanted Bronny on the team. But I think he's making a mistake for his future by going to U$C.

arxpert

DJ Rodman who became the 2nd coming vs Tommy Lloyd in the Washington State games is transferring to USC to join this "Super Team"

mvpreed2

USC is packed with wings next season.
I do not believe there isn't a ball big enough, or enough minutes to satisfy all of them.

Collier
Ellis
James
Johnson
Rodman
Wright

I believe Collier/Ellis are going to start.
Johnson/Rodman or Wright is going to be that third starter on the perimeter.
That leaves you with three bodies to split the remaining minutes left from Collier/Ellis, whom I believe are going to be fringe 30mins/gm type of prospects?
Good luck with trying to figure that one out Enfield.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

arxpert

Quote from: mvpreed2 on May 30, 2023, 04:12:08 PMUSC is packed with wings next season.
I do not believe there isn't a ball big enough, or enough minutes to satisfy all of them.

Collier
Ellis
James
Johnson
Rodman
Wright

I believe Collier/Ellis are going to start.
Johnson/Rodman or Wright is going to be that third starter on the perimeter.
That leaves you with three bodies to split the remaining minutes left from Collier/Ellis, whom I believe are going to be fringe 30mins/gm type of prospects?
Good luck with trying to figure that one out Enfield.
#BearDown

I can't wait to run with them and overpower them too.

mvpreed2

Quote from: arxpert on May 30, 2023, 04:15:57 PMI can't wait to run with them and overpower them too.
We will see.
I am not too sure Arizona is going to bully them again next season.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

AZCatsFan

I'm looking forward to the USC game. Should be interesting to see how good of a player he actually is.

BearDownU - Menu