2023 5🌟 Kwame Evans Jr has picked up 2 more crystal ball picks for Arizona!

Started by WILD, June 19, 2022, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpreed2

As an Arizona basketball fan, this is something that I worried about when it comes to Arizona.
Yes, Arizona has a respectable alumni base when it comes to those that have succeeded here.
The problem is Arizona has a few millionaires, they are other schools they compete against that have billionaires and/or large corporations that back them.

Schools with a smaller alumni base/reach are going to struggle to land the prospects that they used to be able to land.
Arizona is going to have to pivot FAST to continue to land elite prospects AND continue to compete for championships and Final Fours.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Wiidslifecoach

oddly enough, UofA is in the top 20 of global universities that produces the most CEO's in the fortune 500.

Aokay

Quote from: mvpreed2 on August 08, 2022, 08:44:30 AM
As an Arizona basketball fan, this is something that I worried about when it comes to Arizona.
Yes, Arizona has a respectable alumni base when it comes to those that have succeeded here.
The problem is Arizona has a few millionaires, they are other schools they compete against that have billionaires and/or large corporations that back them.

Schools with a smaller alumni base/reach are going to struggle to land the prospects that they used to be able to land.
Arizona is going to have to pivot FAST to continue to land elite prospects AND continue to compete for championships and Final Fours.

By pivot, do you mean getting the boosters to pony up the big bucks in a bidding war on a kid who may or may not bring you to the promise land?

arxpert

Quote from: Aokay on August 08, 2022, 10:15:57 AM
Quote from: mvpreed2 on August 08, 2022, 08:44:30 AM

By pivot, do you mean getting the boosters to pony up the big bucks in a bidding war on a kid who may or may not bring you to the promise land?

In regards to both of these posts -

The recruiting ship sailed when Sean Miller was executed by Order 66. The Last Jedi of Tucson is gone. Those recruiting channels are gone. The California Pipeline is all but shut off. The juice has been squeezed. We now have Wholesome Tommy and the International Pipeline that Sean Miller laid down over the last 10 years and much more in the last 3-5 years than Gonzaga has. This is what we are now as a program and the Ghouls have taken every penny they could get for themselves and their good ole boys country club for coaches.

Arizona was last a Final Four caliber program under Sean Miller and Lute Olson before that. We are now in Year 2 of the next 20-30 year period of Arizona Basketball. The legacy and tradition of Arizona Basketball will be remembered in 2 phases. Lute and Sean, then Pax Lute and Sean. That's how I see it going. We can always break it down as 1A Lute and 1B Sean, but as we go through this next decade, I will be shocked to see if we get any of that swagger back that Lute and Sean brought to Arizona. Sean's players are almost all gone from the program as we embark into the New Era which includes NIL. "Pony Up" or become a true mid major no matter what conference you are in.

Footnote - Eric Musselman has made back to back Elite 8's and has 3 Top 10 overall 5-Stars coming in this year. No idea how he isn't the top rated coach in College and also the subject of scrutiny by hypocrites across this board who think that he should have been our Coach at UofA if only not for the Ghouls (you're dieties, your lords that you worship) dropping the ball... but did he get to the Final 4 yet? Seems like he and Sean Miller are on Par.

KansasCityCats

I'm pretty sure "Final Four caliber" includes Final Four berths.  We haven't been in that boat for 20+ seasons.

BearDownU - Menu