Kylan Boswell - Real Talk

Started by arxpert, December 21, 2023, 12:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

I don't hate Bradley OR Boswell. Disregarding stats is the easy way to ignore the truth. 9 assists and 10 turnovers over the final 7 games of the season is not ideal for a point guard. For reference during the same span, Boswell had a 25:8 ratio.

Was Bradley visibly better at creating opportunities down the stretch?  Yes. I'm glad that he showed improvement and I want him to play a bigger role next season because his defense and penetration into the lane is huge for this team.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on March 28, 2024, 09:30:14 PMI don't hate Bradley OR Boswell. Disregarding stats is the easy way to ignore the truth. 9 assists and 10 turnovers over the final 7 games of the season is not ideal for a point guard. For reference during the same span, Boswell had a 25:8 ratio.

Was Bradley visibly better at creating opportunities down the stretch?  Yes. I'm glad that he showed improvement and I want him to play a bigger role next season because his defense and penetration into the lane is huge for this team.

At this point I think it is possible Bradley played his last game as a Wildcat. He earned a huge pay increase and I doubt he will stick around if Boswell is still here. Tommy needs to figure it out. Especially with kids who may not have NBA futures because they know College is where they will earn their "retirement". So I am hoping that Tommy does right by Bradley. He earned it.

The East Coast Guard has a stereotype for a reason. We need more hungry Guards who have the "dog" in them. Not soft, poor attitude, coddled kids like Boswell.

The raw numbers you speak to tell no tale of the tape to what transpired on the court. Long Beach is not the barometer of Boswell's success. Maybe he should transfer there though where he could have a significant impact to a team on that level.

I can't think of anyone that believes Boswell deserved his minutes nor any of the shots he took over Bradley whether it be on this forum or in the real world where even the Analysts on TV were talking about Boswell's struggles and Bradley's (as well as KJ's) inspiring play.

In fact, I believe that we beat Dayton solely because Boswell didn't take many shots at all and he took a back seat. Today he just couldn't help himself. Tommy panicked early. The Smarter Coach was able to funnel the ball to Boswell and they sagged off, tricking Boswell into plenty of early shots that put us off kilter. Even that air ball right away was literally enough to inspire Clemson and keep us in a terribly slow start mentally.

It is what it is. The season is over now. We will find out if Boswell is hitting that portal soon enough. I thought there was something off with him since a couple weeks before I started this thread. I gave him some time to get himself together. It never happened. Now here we are at the end of the road. I don't think anything I've said is inaccurate nor unfair. According to what I see around the forum, cbox and the social media-verse, it seems like most people agree with me or take it even further. I definitely was first to this subject, but I don't care about taking credit for it. I would rather Boswell have hit 4-6 from 3 and we play Alabama on Saturday.

Oh well, too bad. I'm just here telling the truth because --->

This is the Boswell Real Talk Thread.

AZip

A Z i p

AZip

Way toomuch talk about him..let me simplify it for you. "He sucks and needs to go away."
A Z i p

arxpert

Quote from: AZip on March 29, 2024, 12:02:42 AMWay toomuch talk about him..let me simplify it for you. "He sucks and needs to go away."

He doesn't suck. He just doesn't fit this program nor this level of competition. He can be a good on a team that plays slower and has worse competition night in night out. He is not even close to starter caliber. He doesn't use his body to his advantage. Never gets to the line. Can't pass. However he can shoot "SOMETIMES". So he is basically Gabe York until he improves. Hopefully he can do that somewhere else while we get serious players who want to use the full scope of their abilities.

KansasCityCats

I like the Gabe York comparison, although I think he deserves some credit for his defense. Boswell led the team in steals and is the only other player besides Bradley that can consistently defend the perimeter. 

AZip

Quote from: arxpert on March 29, 2024, 12:02:02 PM
Quote from: AZip on March 29, 2024, 12:02:42 AMWay toomuch talk about him..let me simplify it for you. "He sucks and needs to go away."

He doesn't suck. He just doesn't fit this program nor this level of competition. He can be a good on a team that plays slower and has worse competition night in night out. He is not even close to starter caliber. He doesn't use his body to his advantage. Never gets to the line. Can't pass. However he can shoot "SOMETIMES". So he is basically Gabe York until he improves. Hopefully he can do that somewhere else while we get serious players who want to use the full scope of their abilities.
"........................
Please tell me where he doesn't suck??  I'm waiting
A Z i p

AZip

Boswell photo Ed again..drunk and throwing up passed out in his own vomit
A Z i p

mvpreed2

Trying to be short, I believe KB's inconsistency is one of his biggest hurdles.
Yes, he plays with a handful to good/great college basketball prospects.
His problem is some games he does not make the same plays that he would normally make/take when he is on.
I am sure scouts have noticed how different his game is when he is on compared to when he is struggling.

If he came back to Arizona, he might end up being moved to more of a scoring role because I believe Lloyd might hand the keys over to JB next season.
I am not sure if both of them start, or if Bradley comes off the bench but plays starter minutes and finishes the game, but I am eager to see how Lloyd is going to handle KB/JB as both are going to be the best players on the team at the time of posting.
JB/KB/JL and MK are starters right now, but I believe one (or two) of those freshmen might start which SHOULD mean one of those guard sits right?
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

arxpert

Quote from: AZip on March 29, 2024, 06:58:59 PMBoswell photo Ed again..drunk and throwing up passed out in his own vomit

I can understand people getting down on Boswell and even believing in some of those rumors. It is strange how Boswell just went from maybe the best commodity in College Basketball to the Biggest Liability after the Duke game.

At least we all knew what Ballo is/was with his FT Shooting. Boswell didn't even make an effort to get himself to the line. At one point I believe he was something of a 90% FT Shooter in low volume and once the volume picked up he was in the 70's Range.

The main thing that will always get me about Boswell is that Tommy refused to make the change. I called for it until ears bled around here. I think just about everyone here whether they like me or hate me agreed with me when it was all said and done. I read it all. Whether it was the Toxic CBOX or Forum Posts.

On top of that, there was just absolutely no appreciation for Bradley until it was way too late. The numbers for Bradley do lie. He never had the Keys and always had to scrap for everything he got. I think Tommy really made some errors this season that are not forgivable, but every season comes to an end in 1 way or another. Not since 1997 has it ended as a Champion.

Losing is never really the problem for me. It is always HOW we lose the games that gets me. I believe that it is similar for most people here too. The frustrations really mount when you see decades even going back to Lute of no willingness to adapt. "It looks great until it doesn't"

In this situation, Tommy had about 3 months to fix these issues and he chose not to. That is akin to spitting in the face of the fanbase.

BearDownU - Menu