Arizona has offered Boogie Ellis 2019 6'2 4-Star PG out of Cali

Started by azfreak, May 14, 2018, 10:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmarti

The question is what are our chances with boogie I would imagine not great considering we have nico now but there could be room if b williams  leaves but it seems like usc is leading an he has offers from now Carolina and Duke wondering what anybody else is thinking.

Bob A

Not sure we need another guard.  I would prefer we use our remaining scholarship on another big man.

Jdmarti

Bkatt

I would agree a "Big" would make more sense. Someone who can play the "4" (PF) with spot minutes at the "5" (C). Looking at who is visiting, considering order of need and the talent level I think the following would be on the top of the list:

1. Josh Green
2. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
3. Khalid Thomas (If you can't get Jeremiah Robinson-Earl)
4. Terry Armstrong  (If you can't get Josh Green)
5. Boogie Ellis

This changes if Miller is looking to upgrade from Alex Barcello or Dylan Smith.

Bkatt

I forgot about Drew Timme. I would say at 2.5 from the list above. Below Jeremiah Robinson-Earl but above Khalid Thomas.

mvpreed2

I don't think it is as serious as some of us are making it out to be.
I don't believe that Miller has a "plan" in place for 2019.
It seems like he wants a PG/Wing/Forward/Big, which would fill all the spots for how we believe this new offense will be run.
Mannion and Koloko fill two spots, and now he is trying to get the other two which I am going to guess and say Armstong & Timme are tops on that list.

My question is how many bodies are we trying to bring in 2019?
We have two seniors (Coleman/Luther), gave a walk-on our extra scholarship, and possibly two RS Juniors that would be graduate transfers (Smith/Jeter), I count MAYBE two possible NBA early departures (Akot/Williams).
I know we won't hit that number (7) that is how many I believe could be made available, but I think 4-5 is a realistic number.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

WILD

Jdmarti

I would really like boogie to come to Arizona but I think but we have nico an barcelo an b Williams I could b Williams having big year an being drafted which could open spot for boogie also .I think we could still use another wing or big man I think Josh green is number one but if Armstrong  an one of timmie or.zeke n  or another big man I'm not thinking of.           

Little George

I think we bring in 4 plus the grad transfer.

Two from Coleman and Luther

Possibly someone leaving early including Randolph who has the ability to be huge.

Possibly a transfer out as well.

WILD

Boogie picks Duke. No surprise as his recruitment with Arizona was over once we got Nico Mannion.

https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/1061094788450185216