Arizona is interested in Lukas Kišūnas

Started by azfreak, April 04, 2018, 11:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azfreak

Lukas Kišūnas (6'9, 252, center) has received his release from UConn recently. 

https://twitter.com/BrewsterHoops/status/981357265755234305

mvpreed2

There isn't a head coach in the country grinding harder than Miller and our staff right now.
I'm beginning to wonder if the prospects think we are desperate and going for anything right now.
We've contacted every quality available HS prospect, and a select group of grad transfers.
Time will tell who wants to come to Arizona though..
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

ZonaHoops

Just get one guy and start the momentum. More will follow after that.

Bob A

Quote from: ZonaHoops on April 05, 2018, 08:04:05 AM
Just get one guy and start the momentum. More will follow after that.

Or even one coach!

mvpreed2

I think it is safe to say he is trying at this point.
We just need to wait until it happens.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

azfreak

He will visit Arizona next weekend April 19-20 according to Brain Snow

mvpreed2

Here is a link I found on YouTube.
This shows ALL of his game, raw footage, so you don't have to wonder what we would be getting.
This kid would clearly be a 4-5 year prospect for us unless he blossomed under Miller and blew up.
Honestly, I see this kid and he reminds me of Tarczewski in that you knew exactly what you were going to get from him; nothing more, nothing less.

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Tucsandman

From watching video, I see his weaknesses as athleticism, has trouble finishing near the basket unless he has perfect position and angle for a backboard shot. I've not seen him show any range at all on his shot. With him being so physical and having average athleticism at best, I can see him getting into foul trouble more than most post players we've had recently. His strengths, although he sometimes has trouble with interior passing, he's very good at finding the open outside shooter. This is one strength that will be needed in a lineup that could be guard heavy this coming season. Offensively, he will never likely be a "go to" guy.

wc

Reminds me more of Kyryl Natyazhko, than  Tarczewski.

WILD

Lucas had a very good visit & said he was impressed with coach Miller & Arizona. He does plan on a visit to Stanford & Pitt is now pushing for him to take a visit soon after that. Lucas may be waiting to see what Jordan Brown is going to do since he was said to be interested in Arizona & Stanford. We'll keep you posted on what the Lithuanian center decides.