What a useless piece of chit year

Started by AZip, March 08, 2020, 12:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumpinjohnny

For me, these last few seasons have provided an opportunity for personal growth. I'm getting better at dealing with disappointment. Officiating is an entirely different animal.

mvpreed2

This is a prime reason why most programs that rely heavily on elite freshmen don't sustain it.
Yes we have three ESPNU prospects, and another developmental prospect at C.

The biggest problem (to me) is that most of our veterans were implants, and not homegrown products.
Gettings/Hazzard are grad-transfers, Doutrive transfers, which leaves us with Smith/Lee are our true veterans.
If you ask me, Smith has spent the entire season trying to prove his value/worth, instead of fitting into the role on the team.
We NEEDED Smith/Doutrive this season; but we lost one and the one we kept is having a case of the Gabe York syndrome, and Miller is either stuck or doesn't realize that Smith is a gift/curse for us.

At this point, I rather wipe the entire slate clean; lose Green/Mannion/Nnaji to the NBA, Gettings/Hazzard to graduation, Smith transfers out, and we start over with an extremely bare cupboard of Akinjo/Baker/Koloko/Lee/Terry/Williams, and force Miller to reassess his values and get back to coaching to the strength of the team and not letting certain players get special treatment.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

ichi

Quote from: jumpinjohnny on March 09, 2020, 07:25:58 AM
For me, these last few seasons have provided an opportunity for personal growth. I'm getting better at dealing with disappointment. Officiating is an entirely different animal.

absoLUTEly, focus on things that we can manage and not get wreckt by that which is outside of our control

y chinga Padilla!
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

DefinitelyNotWiid

elite talent hasn't got us shit, might as well try something else.

FOOS

Quote from: AZip on March 08, 2020, 12:13:39 AM
Hell...last year was better than this year. Huge expectations have gone down the shitter. . This team cant shot, cant set up plays. We have an inept PG and the rest of the team seems to follow in CSM footsteps...and he has been stepping in shit all year.

Next year will be worse.  Better reset expectations.....